SIGforum
Car Show Pictures

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/4980031444

July 08, 2018, 04:21 PM
PHPaul
Car Show Pictures
Neither the cars nor the photography are up to the standards of our Arizona friends, but it was pretty nice for a little show here in Maine. The theme was American Muscle and Custom Cars.

Hudson body, tube frame, what appears to me to be a 426 Hemi engine. Set up for drag racing I think.

Nice '40(?) Ford with a warmed up flathead. Gorgeous body.

There's more if anyone is interested, most of my pictures are of 60's/70's muscle cars because that's what I slobbered over as a kid.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
July 08, 2018, 05:06 PM
PCWyoming
Would love to see them.
Back in the day, I ordered from the factory a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner to my specs.

PC
July 08, 2018, 05:09 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Would love to see them.
Back in the day, I ordered from the factory a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner to my specs.

PC

Not sure of the year, either a '69 or a '70 I'd say.

July 08, 2018, 05:15 PM
.38supersig
Cool!

Last summer I was shopping with a friend to get some Ford 428 heads. I had a '69 and knew a little, so I decided to tag along.

There was a Shelby Mustang the guy drove there parked by the door. Inside looked like a time warp of Ford parts. The two things that stood out the most were the complete Offenhauser intake and carbs sitting on the shelf near the heads, and a side oiler 427 the guy was putting together.

Now if I wasn't broke at the time, I could have spent a small fortune that day...

July 08, 2018, 05:21 PM
PHPaul

Guy was just leaving or I'd have gotten more pictures. '65 GTO, 389 Tri-power, 4 speed. Make that a '66 and you'd have my absolute Holy Grail Car. I graduated from High School in '68 so I was right smack in the middle of the Classic Muscle Car Era.

And for the Ford Guys:

July 08, 2018, 07:04 PM
PCWyoming
That is a 1970.
Mine was the 383 CID, 4 speed Hurst, Bronze Fire Metallic with two black stripes down the hood.
It was delivered to the dealer in November with 3 miles on it. I graduated High School in 1968.

PC

quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Would love to see them.

PC

Not sure of the year, either a '69 or a '70 I'd say.

July 08, 2018, 07:47 PM
newtoSig765
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
[

Nice '40(?) Ford with a warmed up flathead. Gorgeous body.

'39 by the grille, but I think that was the only distinction between those years, and a lot of guys swapped them according to their preference.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
July 09, 2018, 06:18 PM
bendable

More please

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
July 09, 2018, 07:19 PM
PHPaul
Okay, since you asked so politely...

Olds 442. I worked at Oldsmobile from October of '68 to February of '69 (when I left for Navy boot camp) Could've bought a brandy new 442 or W30 for like $4000. Of course, I was making $3.65 so it would have been a stretch then too.

Nice 60-ish Vette. Not wild about the color but apparently it was a rare factory option (according to the literature on the car) as was the 283 with a pair of 4bbl carbs.

July 09, 2018, 08:12 PM
David Lee
Nice little gathering of some beautiful cars. I've been seeing a lot of early muscle cars around northern Kentucky. Then there are some very expensive exotics rolling around also. One guy here in the Richwood area has 5 Ferarris. I think I spelled that correct.
July 09, 2018, 09:26 PM
mikeyspizza
Nice pics. I hope you shot the breeze with the car owners. They love to talk about their cars.