SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Let's see your camera...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see your camera... Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
...that you use to take the awesome pictures posted here. Here's mine. Nikon D7200 w/ Nikkor AF-P 18-55mm ED VR lens. It's a kit-lens but is phenominally sharp. Pic taken with my cell phone. My Sony is on loan to a friend to photo-catalog his GI Joe collection.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Ummmmmm. How can I use my camera to take a picture of my camera? Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Mirror selfie via timer! (or use your backup camera?) Wink

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:

Mirror selfie via timer! (or use your backup camera?) Wink

2 is 1 & 1 is none?
May become reality in my house, as my wife in convinced she wants a Canon instead of using my Nikon.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Okay, I set up two cameras and triggered each of them with one remote to take a photo of each other.

There was a small flash and a pop. The two cameras then winked out of existence.

I think it created some sort of singularity.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh for goodness, sake. Isn't the answer obvious? Rent another camera.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

2 is 1 & 1 is none?
May become reality in my house, as my wife in convinced she wants a Canon instead of using my Nikon.

Smart woman ya got there...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Use a mirror, then post-process the photo to reverse it left-to-right.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
^^That's what my old 7100 was trying to tell me!

It forgot to mention to CLEAN the mirror first.

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I just ordered that lens for my Nikon - the 18-140 ED VR.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
This goes to 11!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
^^That's what my old 7100 was trying to tell me!

It forgot to mention to CLEAN the mirror first.

That 40mm Micro is a great lens. I use it often and is on my D5300 more often than my 35mm and 50mm lenses.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When doing those mirror selfies of your camera, check your background:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post

A lot of my film gear is missing as it's kept in deeper storage.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
I'm no photographer, or anything even approaching it lol, so nothing fancy - but I do take a lot of pics of anything and everything. So this has been a great little rig for a pic-tographer - one of Sony's early alpha models, bought new when it first came out in 2013; many miles on this puppy now, it goes with me everywhere and has taken a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Sony NEX-6 (pic taken by that other great tool of pic-tographers, a cell phone lol)

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Nice Alpha. Those a great cameras. Looks like it has some honest wear on it that makes it look even better.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Nice Alpha. Those a great cameras. Looks like it has some honest wear on it that makes it look even better.

Thanks, yes it's compact enough to be a constant companion so it gets beat around a bit lol.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post