SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    "Ronin" Boba Fett figure
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Ronin" Boba Fett figure Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
I'm a casual Star Wars Nerd. I dig the look of it and a couple of the films, but really I enjoy Boba Fetts costume. Always have. Not really more than that, the story is interesting, but anyway.

I stumbled across this and it was a must-add to my informal collection. The detail of these articulated figures is nuts.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Is there a link to that? It's cool.

Posts: 11345 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-...ation/dp/B013HFA7HK/

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
That is really cool!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That’s cool. I saw that series a few months ago, it’s a neat take on Star Wars. The Stromtroopers and Vader, especially.

Posts: 17048 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wicked cool, but $90 cool?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Gee, I'm not sure. Why should I bother sharing things I enjoy, exactly?
When I post a pic of a $3000 P210, do we need someone to wonder if it is worth the expense?

Arc.

Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
That's pretty darn cool! I like the Stormtrooper and Jango Fett figures, too.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I think it's $90 cool.

Posts: 11345 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That is an incredible variation series. Who would have ever predicted 42 years ago that the original movie—as incredible as it was for the time—would lead to such a run?
I will say, though, that as I sat in the theater in 1977 watching Darth Vader’s dramatic appearance, my immediate thought was, “Samurai helmet!”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arcwelder,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
my immediate thought was, “Samurai helmet!”

It may have been inspired by Samurai armor, I wager there is some nerding on it out there. My soon to be 6 year old calls him "Dark Vader."

Oops that wasn't the quote button.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
Our youngest son's hero growing up was Boba Fett. His brother was a T-Rex fan, very different personalities. Big Grin

Lots of great detail on this one, great weapon load-out, articulation & IMO one of the more interesting characters in the Star Wars universe. Nice!

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I'm not even that much of a Star Wars geek, and I want those, including the Darth Vader one...

uh oh. maybe I am that much of a geek.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ralph McQuarrie based his original designs of Vader heavily on Samurai armor. The prop designer who took the 2D stuff to fully realized 3D props blended Nazi German helmet and uniform aspects in with the McQuarrie designs and boom, Vader.

This line of figures looks pretty awesome. Kinda makes think of Jin Roh, somehow.

Posts: 17048 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Capt America one was too cool...this thread just cost me some money. Big Grin

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

If I were to get into the Star Wars franchise, this would be one of the first ones I'd consider.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I know, usually some figures like these go for twice as much once they are removed from the box.

I have gathered the idea that you haven't shopped the Soul of Chogokin series. I did manage to scare up all of the Evangelions complete with their Japan-only crystal base.

Posts: 9109 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The darth maul is awesome. The devil mask looks sweet

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I did NOT need to see these. Very cool, Arc.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They’re awesome! I have the Vader version somewhere in storage

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post