SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Cover shot!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cover shot! Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
I do real estate listing photography as a side gig to pay for my hobby. I officially hit the big time when the local RE rag comes out, cover photo is one of my shots for an agent I work with quite a bit.

It's local and it is mostly just paid ads but hey, I can now say I am "published"!

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's a gorgeous photo. Drone?

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's a gorgeous photo. Drone?

Yup, my first "legal" use after getting my FAA certification earlier this month. Also first shot since upgrading from a Phantom 3 to the Mavic Pro.

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Sweet! What lake is that?

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Sweet! What lake is that?

Lake Stevens

posted Hide Post
Nice shot. You captured that perfectly. Makes me wish I had the funds to buy it.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Excellent - congratulations!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I salute you.

I found out from others that I, too, had been honored by having one of my photos used for a book cover:

I did not know it had happened until a friend noticed it and told me about it. The photo had apparently been found by a web search and the finder was not aware of whose photo it was. It's a shot of the radar station I'd been assigned to in the early 1960s (Mt. Hebo AFS, Oregon); however, the cover producer had photoshopped in an F-102 fighter aircraft that was not in the original photo. It's my photo, though--I checked all the trees and clouds and they match perfectly.

Ordinarily, I'd probably have been very upset about this (no attribution, even), but the book is about life on remote radar sites and the people who served at them, and I even have a few quotes published in it. Not only that, the profits are directed to a radar site museum that I support, so I didn't make an issue of it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post