SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    I got bored, so I built a birdhouse (updated 5/11/20 with bird pics)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got bored, so I built a birdhouse (updated 5/11/20 with bird pics) Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
All three of the bird houses I put in my side yard are occupied. One with Carolina Chikadees, one with Titmouses, and one with Blue Birds. The Chickadees are fledging first.

Here's momma from a couple of weeks ago:

And, as of today, her little babies have fledged out of the box. My nextdoor neighbor came over a little while ago and told me there was a little bird under his trailer and he had to move it. It was the fledgling in the first pic. I picked him up and brought him back into my side yard and found brother or sister sitting on the entrance to my bedroom. I put the first one down, snapped a few pics, when went back inside. Since then, momma has been feeding them.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Very nice. You’re ahead of us by a fair bit, finally some better weather in the forecast.

So far Tree Swallows & Wrens setting up shop.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been watching five Baltimore Oriole's sipping nectar and eating on the orange halves .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sorry. It seems the pictures have been deleted.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post