SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Sometimes you just get in the mood for a salad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes you just get in the mood for a salad Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted
I got in the mood for a salad today. My doctor says to eat healthier...salads are healthy, right?

Hit a local restaurant for lunch, and holy crapperoni, this salad is awesome.

They call it the Wisconsin Harvest...comes with apple, dried cranberries, some red onion, toasted walnuts, and bleu cheese. Optionally, they then top it with a chicken breast either rotisserie, grilled or fried.

Oh yeah, they add a bit of lettuce, for color I think. Smile

My doctor may not have had this salad in mind...

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
That looks pretty good.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I agree - looks and sounds excellent, even if it came with no chicken.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That looks good and tasty.

Like you, I get in the mood for salad every now and again so I tried one at Subway for the first time. I was impressed how good it was. I'll do it again for sure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Looks good !
What dressing did you choose to put on it

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
Looks good !
What dressing did you choose to put on it

Just went with French dressing this time around.

The photo was taken halfway through. So not only did I eat healthy, but I ate a LOT of healthiness right there!

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
This is my idea of a great salad.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
For me, just crisp iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and maybe a little green pepper, radishes, carrots, and/or celery. No dressing of any kind. (I do use a little salt.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I do enjoy a little blue cheese on a salad. I like the sharpness.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post