SIGforum
Why are my photo posts so LARGE?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/4430013754

May 30, 2019, 11:14 AM
FN in MT
Why are my photo posts so LARGE?
I've posted photos before with zero issues. I use Photobucket, paste to the page and it's fine.

NOW for some reason my new photos are showing up huge.

I'm using a Nikon 3400 with my image size at LARGE. Could that be it?

Using a MAC book pro laptop.

I know I'm a techno phobe...don't make fun.
May 30, 2019, 12:03 PM
Jimbo54
Use Postimage and choose the 800-600 15 in. monitor option. Than click on the direct link. This is what you'll end up with.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
May 30, 2019, 01:38 PM
FN in MT
PostImage is another photo hosting site?

I'd like to get Photobucket working properly as I have 300 photos there.
May 30, 2019, 02:55 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
PostImage is another photo hosting site?

I'd like to get Photobucket working properly as I have 300 photos there.

Yes and it's easy, free and works. Do you keep a copy of your pics on your PC? If so, when you click on "choose an image" you can go to that folder and choose the picture.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
May 30, 2019, 03:11 PM
Orguss
Use a photo manipulation program like Photoshop, or even MS Paint (dunno if you can get that on a Mac,) and resize the photo before you upload it to your hosting site. Then you won’t have issues.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
May 30, 2019, 07:04 PM
FN in MT
Thanks Jimbo.
May 31, 2019, 08:11 PM
FN in MT
Downloaded PostImage, seems to work fine. Thanks again Jimbo.

Orgus....going to try that. My issue may have been that I didn't run it through my MAC photo processor? Then again I maybe process 50% of the time. I usually just post the raw image.
I checked my camera and still set to MED as allways for file size. I'll look into this when I have some time. Thanks for the input.
June 02, 2019, 07:19 AM
ARMT Guy
I just noticed this same issue last night when I tried to post some pics of my new AR pistol build to another forum. I took the pics with my phone then uploaded them to photobucket like always. Ugh.. huge pics! Mad

Photobucket can be a PITA.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

June 02, 2019, 07:28 AM
Rolan_Kraps
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
I just noticed this same issue last night when I tried to post some pics of my new AR pistol build to another forum. I took the pics with my phone then uploaded them to photobucket like always. Ugh.. huge pics! Mad

Photobucket can be a PITA.

You know it! I'd move everything to FLickr if I could. It seems to work better, but they now limit their free service to 1,000 pictures. I'm on the paid plan for PB, and if there was an easy way to "mass archive", I'd be out of there!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home