SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Easy solution. No need for both the 16-35mm and the 17-40mm. Sell of of the dust collectors and boom...GR II ready to be in your pocket daily. Mine has taken a few thousand shots in the 1.5 months I've had it. Makes the cell phone camera a non issue. Then just use the wifi to put the pics on your phone.

Wink

MG, thanks for your earlier suggestion in this thread. I'm finally going to start to take the plunge by listing my 16-35mm on fleabay. I really don't even remember getting to use it before the health tanked so it's mint. I'm going to start slow and purge everything. I've come to the reality that I'll not be using anymore from my dslr stuff and it's a shame to let it gather dust when it's such great gear, and somebody else can get some good use from them. I'm more than happy to settle for "snapshots" for my remainder years. They're good enough in my situation. And looking at some of the great photo results here in this thread, I think smartphone photography will even become more popular in time if not for just convenience and portability alone. Additionally any future improvements in smartphone camera tech and quality will put them over-the-top for me in my situation, that is "if" I can keep up.

I did try to email you but your email in profile was returned not found. I was going to ask for a bit of advice but I'm good now that I finally decided it's time to let go. Thanks for the necessary push! Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Those sorta remind me of an old Sears store Wink...I can almost smell the hot cashews...

Those are great photos Smile

This was the main southeastern Sears Roebuck hub here in Atlanta. So you were right!

My office is on the 4th and 5th floors. I think we've won some interior design award or something as well. It is a great space, I just don't care for the mall vibe on the lower levels.

Forgot to add, the bike room is one of our company one's even though the building does offer their own to guests coming in off the belt line.

I have spent many an hour in that old building in my younger days shopping with my Grandmother...about twice a month on a Saturday we would take the bus from Austell to Sears, Rich's or Davidson's in downtown Atlanta...
A trip to the Ponce De Leon Sears always involved a lunch at Mary Mac's Tea Room...and hot cashews at Sears...

That building had an ambiance all it's own...

Thank you for posting memories Smile

Glad to help! Just started a new job there and love what they've made it the place since the years of it being City Hall east.

Until I move to another office in a few months, there will be plenty more pics from there.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Easy solution. No need for both the 16-35mm and the 17-40mm. Sell of of the dust collectors and boom...GR II ready to be in your pocket daily. Mine has taken a few thousand shots in the 1.5 months I've had it. Makes the cell phone camera a non issue. Then just use the wifi to put the pics on your phone.

Wink

MG, thanks for your earlier suggestion in this thread. I'm finally going to start to take the plunge by listing my 16-35mm on fleabay. I really don't even remember getting to use it before the health tanked so it's mint. I'm going to start slow and purge everything. I've come to the reality that I'll not be using anymore from my dslr stuff and it's a shame to let it gather dust when it's such great gear, and somebody else can get some good use from them. I'm more than happy to settle for "snapshots" for my remainder years. They're good enough in my situation. And looking at some of the great photo results here in this thread, I think smartphone photography will even become more popular in time if not for just convenience and portability alone. Additionally any future improvements in smartphone camera tech and quality will put them over-the-top for me in my situation, that is "if" I can keep up.

I did try to email you but your email in profile was returned not found. I was going to ask for a bit of advice but I'm good now that I finally decided it's time to let go. Thanks for the necessary push! Smile

I keep forgetting about my old email here. Sorry bout that.

If I can ever assist feel free to find me at shallcross20 at aol dot com

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Was in Scottsdale over the weekend for a retreat through my wife's business. They took all the guys out for some ATV time. ~3 hours with around 120 guys on quads & side-by-sides (2 & 4 seat, mostly Kawasaki Teryx)

All taken with a Samsung Galaxy Note5

Can't recall the tribe, but this was at one of the stops, an ancient indian village (according to the guides), about a 30 foot climb onto a plateau.

Panoramic at one of the stops

Our Chariot, was actually a support vehicle & had spares/tools:

It was really dusty, so the goggles/dust mask were a big help. Was near white-out conditions at times with all the dust.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Image taken with my iPhone 6S in natural light conditions. For some crazy reasons the Fuzz is particularly fond of being perched atop my macbook pro. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting some random photos with my iPhone 7 since moving into my new house this summer. Mostly from the kitchen or porch windows, not looking for professional grade photography. Just shots for sharing with family and friends.

Fall colors coming into the back yard

And after this weekend dropped 8" of snow my doe herd came through and played in the snow.

No zoom

Max zoom on the phone

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missing her mom who is currently in Chile for 2 weeks. I decided it was bath time, but she got some little bits of steak for behaving so well.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
What a sweet looking little girl! Smile The photo kinda reminds me of "Yoda"

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
What a sweet looking little girl! Smile The photo kinda reminds me of "Yoda"

I see the Yoda thing as well. Sometimes at night when she circles the bed I only see her ears up and they look like little shark fins closing in on me.

Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post

Sundog in the afternoon

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Amazing...

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post

Me being an idiot on my lunch break, stopping it to say hey to Santa.

posted Hide Post
iPhone 5s
6am work bound by cxcxsx, on Flickr

posted Hide Post
iPhone 4s

posted Hide Post
6s

posted Hide Post
One of my few babies

posted Hide Post
6s