SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
.38+P is what I load up too, good accuracy and still very easy to shoot. I do load some hot .357M H110 too though to finish off range visits with a little more boom and fireballs LOL.

I live in a remote rural area, and our range is a small affair kept going by volunteers. We rebuilt some of the range target stands yesterday as well - just part of fun.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf: I do load some hot .357M H110 too though to finish off range visits with a little more boom and fireballs LOL.

One of my favorite recipe's was using 125gr JHP with Blue Dot, very clean burn and up to 1760fps for fun. Though I didn't do that all too often, it was fun nonetheless. I love those types of range setups and could see why you'd enjoy a range visit. I haven't visited a range in over eight years now. Back in the day here in Miami, especially out near the Everglades, we could load up the cars with all kinds of guns and ammo and make use of sparse lands for shooting fun, these days it's unheard of. Ranges only.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Times have changed everywhere it seems, not always for the better.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I snapped an image of some Desert Ironwood grips that I had Brian Challis carve up for me. iPhone 6S.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I snapped an image of some Desert Ironwood grips that I had Brian Challis carve up for me. iPhone 6S.

Those are stunning! Be sure and post up a pic when installed!

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Except for the result (some nice wood), I hate Ironwood and Mesquite. They will eat a chain saw chain in no time flat.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
It's snowing now(just what our lawn needs).

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

Loveland Pass from this past Saturday...

4 lifts in view from left to right, if you look closely - most of the 1,800 acres of area area visible. Base elevation of 10,800 feet, summit at 13,100 - left this sea level dweller sucking some wind.

Skied about 17,000 ft vertical over the day with two friends from Golden, not bad for old guys.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Heck, I'd trade places with you guys in a heartbeat! Just snapped this image in the front yard...HOT, 82º, rainy, and humidity creeping in. It may as well be summer here in sunbeat South Florida..Thank God for A/C and lots of water to cool off in.

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
quote:

Those are stunning! Be sure and post up a pic when installed!

Thanks for the compliment Newf. Actually all the credit goes to Brian for finding a nice pair in that big block I sent and shaped into something special. I've no plans as of yet to mount them as of yet. If I do I'll definitely snap off an image and post it. I've really several nice pairs in boxes waiting for a mount, I just don't have the pistols anymore to put them on without removing grips from an existing one. I just really love the woods, facinating figure, and colors Smile

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the compliment Newf. Actually all the credit goes to Brian for finding a nice pair in that big block I sent and shaped into something special. I've no plans as of yet to mount them as of yet. If I do I'll definitely snap off an image and post it. I've really several nice pairs in boxes waiting for a mount, I just don't have the pistols anymore to put them on without removing grips from an existing one. I just really love the woods, facinating figure, and colors Smile

Hard to beat the look of some beautifully crafted wood grips on steel pistols! Modern composite materials like G10 may have the edge for grip and function, but they just don't come close in the looks dept. IMO! Smile

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Wow Jeff, nice photo! ^^^^^Mind asking what camera that is?

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
P226 Combat, my first pistol and go to IDPA gun. Only 10M, which is the limit of my ability not the pistol's LOL.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^ Wow Jeff, nice photo! ^^^^^Mind asking what camera that is?

Thanks, seriously. It was just my iPhone SE.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Brought out a few Mosin's to play today at the range. The M38 packs a wollop and spits some serious fireballs!

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Newf! I've saved the muzzle flash pictures to my archives.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Very nice, Newf! I've saved the muzzle flash pictures to my archives.

flashguy

It was a bright sunny day too - I can't imagine these being very popular for night time action in WW2. Here I am! Razz

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Newf, you really are one lucky dude to have access to that for shooting' recreation!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Newf, you really are one lucky dude to have access to that for shooting' recreation!

New toy just made up - AR500 "Bullwinkle" for the 200Meter lane. Wife says I'll grow up some day LOL.