SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
^^^ my kinda range day! Smile

Hadn't shot the Marlin in some time, for the unknown thousands of rounds through it, it still runs great. All original parts.
As a kid it was shot as close to full-auto as my finger could pull, soda cans rattled in fear Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post

Near King Salmon Ak

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
Took this photo of my duty 320RX with the X5 grip module, on the iPhone X; then fancied it up with Photoshop Express.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
I've had the "X" now for almost a year now and it's flawless and takes excellent images!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
I've had the "X" now for almost a year now and it's flawless and takes excellent images!

I remember when I got an iPhone 5 and thought wow this thing takes nice pics lol. Still on the "7" for now, but it's battery is becoming a problem so not sure what I'll replace it with - might go Android next.

Anyway, I digress - here's an iPhone 7 pic, still very happy with it's detail/quality for a phonecam.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Newf, phone features aside, some of the finest images I've taken quality-wise has been with my last iPhone...the 6S. I had it for 5yrs at which time being a little long in the tooth and battery needing replacement, I opted for the "X" after some researching. Some of the best quality images taken with the iPhones were a combination of camera features and good ole fashion good lighting.

I'm hoping to squeeze several good years out of the new iPhone. I'm very pleased with the camera and it's capabilities, price aside of the "X", it does have some neat new features on the phone side. The retina display is impressive and accurate and the face id tech is very surprising even in very, very, low light conditions at night. It's recognition software is very capable, quick, and I'd suspect this feature will soon be commonplace in most of the newer smartphones at more conservative pricing. Other than that, phone/camera qualities are on par with current smartphone technologies, I'm pleased.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Newf, phone features aside, some of the finest images I've taken quality-wise has been with my last iPhone...the 6S. I had it for 5yrs at which time being a little long in the tooth and battery needing replacement, I opted for the "X" after some researching. Some of the best quality images taken with the iPhones were a combination of camera features and good ole fashion good lighting.

I'm hoping to squeeze several good years out of the new iPhone. I'm very pleased with the camera and it's capabilities, price aside of the "X", it does have some neat new features on the phone side. The face id tech is very surprising even in very, very, low light conditions at night. It's recognition software is very capable, quick, and I'd suspect this feature will soon be commonplace in most of the newer smartphones at more conservative pricing. Other than that, phone/camera qualities are on par with current smartphone technologies, I'm pleased.

Def leaning towards another iPhone yes, just because I'm familiar with the platform and the older I get the less I like figuring out electronics LOL. Technology is a wonderful thing though no doubt, and the quality of pics any new phone can take nowadays is beyond my poor ability to take full advantage off, so I'll leave the whole lighting side of things up to folks like yourself who know what they're doing! Like shooting guns, so with shooting pics - both skills def benefit from shooting lots and lots, and I do buy into that aspect big time; hope a few rounds hit the target and hope a few pics turn out ok Big Grin .

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Big Grin, Newf, you're last post reminded me of getting use of the newer technology. I forgot to mention getting used to using the touch display features instead of using the "home button". Learning to use all the finger tapping, swiping left/right, up/down or enlarging/reduction using just fingertip command takes a bit of learning but, becomes second nature after a small amount of use and very instinctual. I edited my above post to add a plug too for the quality of the retina display. I'm sure whatever choice you make in a newer smartphone you'll be pleased. Tech is just moving so quickly these days. Whatever features you get today are outdated tomorrow. It's nice to window-shop though Big Grin

Also... one thing I've noticed after some after thought is that with the quick face technology, from the second you turn on the phone and it recognizes, which is lightning quick, using the newer edge to edge display and finger tip commands, it sets a much quicker pace for paging thru your normal routine...at least for me anyway. I'm not exactly sure if it's me but the top of the screen just feels so smooth and effortless to swipe across..reminds me of ice skating Smile

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin, Newf, you're last post reminded me of getting use of the newer technology. I forgot to mention getting used to using the touch display features instead of using the "home button". Learning to use all the finger tapping, swiping left/right, up/down or enlarging/reduction using just fingertip command takes a bit of learning bu....

*groans*....well maybe this battery in the ol' 7 will hold on a bit longer yet LOL.

Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
From our recent trip to Rome, Trevi Fountain.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Nice! ^^^^^^^^

Regards, Will G.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hopefully these aren't enormous.
All taken in Auto with a Galaxy S9+

Took my kids to Space Center Houston/JSC over the weekend.
Been about 20 years since I'd been there. They both had a blast (heh), though my 4 yr old was pretty wiped when we were done.

This one is cheating a bit, as Google merged a few photos in to a pano.

Challenger / Columbia flight patches in the Astronaut Training Center

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Great images. I read up on the Galaxy S9's. Looks like a great smartphone with excellent features..enjoy yours and feel free to post images anytime. I'd like to see more!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Great images. I read up on the Galaxy S9's. Looks like a great smartphone with excellent features..enjoy yours and feel free to post images anytime. I'd like to see more!

Thanks, I regretted not charging my Nikon, but am still happy with how these turned out.
Tough to frame a decent shot while herding 2 kids.

Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phantom229,

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fall in Wyoming. The farm next to the one I get eggs from.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Great pup Chowser!

I took Gunner Buns for a walk yesterday after work...I call this series "Cattle Dog Meets Cattle" Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

iPhone6 (not S, not Plus)

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post