SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
The kids in Philly's Fairmount Park when we visited my mother for my 50th birthday.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Went camping down near Pine Mountain, GA last weekend and on our way out of town we went to the Wild Animal Safari. At times disgusting, but overall pretty cool. The zebras, giraffes, lions, and ostriches were highlights.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

I love this photo YellowJacket!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

This one is great too!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got a cunning plan
posted Hide Post

iPhone 7 plus

Posts: 987 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: October 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
I love this photo YellowJacket!

quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
This one is great too!

Thanks guys. Zebras make for easy photography, even with a smartphone camera. They are gorgeous animals and even moreso up close like that.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Still no Google Pixel XL Smartphones yet to see some comparative photos? Anybody?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I recently got the Samsung S7, and it is the first time that I have a Smartphone camera that takes photos worth showing off. I am glad that I bought this phone.

Here are a selection of photos that show off the camera's capabilities.

All are from my recent NZ trip thread:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...6031561/m/5730044414

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
You know I looked thru your other thread and loved the images, actually was going to ask what camera you used..Were all your other photos in that thread also taken with the Galaxy also? I loved all the photos, the hobbits, dolphins, and especially the Chapel shot. Amazing colors.

Regards, Will G.

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
You know I looked thru your other thread and loved the images, actually was going to ask what camera you used..Were all your other photos in that thread also taken with the Galaxy also? I loved all the photos, the hobbits, dolphins, and especially the Chapel shot. Amazing colors.

Almost all.

The first six, the roadside shot after Hobbiton, and the Auckland skyline photo from Stanley Point were with my Song RX-100.

The rest were all from my S7. The night photos I did some light noise removal. Beyond that it is all a little work on the curves (mostly on the overcast photos but nothing drastic), resize, sharpen, and export to JPG. All were edited on PS Touch on my iPad.

I set the S7 default app to Vivid mode (along with my RX-100) because it approximates my old favorite slide film Velvia. I used HDR quite a bit since I couldn't always get to location when the light was perfect.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
My photos are with an S7 (Edge) as well. Its a great phone camera.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Do you both shoot in the DNG/RAW format? iPhones have yet to release this capability though I'd expect it in future generations. And of course the files are a bit larger so does that reduce the amount of images total that you can take/store over just jpegs a lot?

Regards, Will G.

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I'm just using regular jpgs, I haven't had a chance to play around with the raw mode yet.

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I don't really ever do any post-processing so I also just shoot straight to jpg.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I read thru this about the Galaxy 7 and thought it interesting shooting in RAW format. I've done it a lot with my Canon but often wondered if using a smartphone to shoot RAW would enhance the experience. I do see that you'd need something like LR or Photoshop to process them with. I wish Apple would soon offer this feature on their iPhones, I'd try it out.
....................................................................................................

How to Shoot Photos in DNG/RAW on Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted by Rajesh Pandey on Apr 24, 2016
TWEET
Galaxy-S7-edge-camera-closeup
If there is one area where the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, it has to be the camera. The 12MP shooter on the handsets deliver outstanding performance in various lighting conditions, with Samsung’s stock camera app making the whole experience further enjoyable.

If you are a photographer, you can further improve the camera prowess of the Galaxy S7 by shooting pictures in RAW/DNG format. This will allow you to capture the ‘raw’ data captured by the sensor, which you can then tweak according to your liking. This is also a great way of avoiding Samsung’s image processing algorithm that can oversharpen photos leading to a loss of details, especially in low light.

Obviously, RAW/DNG photos need to be processed and developed, just like a negative, which can take hours. However, if you are up for it, this is perhaps the best way to extract every last ounce of performance from the S7’s 12MP rear camera.

So, here is how you can take photos in RAW/DNG format on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge:

Step 1: Open the camera app on your Galaxy S7. Tap on the ‘Mode’ button located at the bottom right corner of the display and switch to the ‘Pro’ mode.

Galaxy-S7-camera-mode
Step 2: Tap the Settings (cog) button located on the bottom left corner of the display. Scroll down and enable the ‘Save as RAW’ file option. Do note that the burst mode feature is not available with this option enabled.

Galaxy-s7-raw-file
Now, any photo you click will be saved in JPEG and RAW/DNG format. While you will have to manually switch to the ‘Pro’ mode every time you open the camera app, you will not have to enable the ‘Save as RAW’ option.

To edit photos in RAW, you can use Snapseed. Other photo editors on Android don’t support RAW/DNG photos, so your options are limited. My recommendation would be to edit the photos in Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom on your PC for the best results.

Regards, Will G.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
A couple from my iPhone 7.

Michael

Brother-in-law's pond needs some rain:

Fall woods:

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I was hoping that somebody would pop in here with the new Google Pixel smartphone images but no joy so far..Still, the Galaxy S7 and iPhones are taking up the slack nicely. Beautiful images with crisp amazing colors. I think I'm at the point that my dslr and gear are in position to be put to pasture. I just have to start slow I guess, maybe try fleabay and put up some glass first, followed by camera, tripod and all the excess, roller bag, and all the accessories. Actually getting to this point I realize that I've accumulated a lot of stuff and better served being used by somebody that would get use from it. I'm almost 100% at this point the smartphone will provide me with good enough images for any web use. Still, it's hard to let go.

Thanks for all the great images, it takes me places I may not otherwise ever see in my lifetime Smile

Regards, Will G.