SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post

My Samsung S4 Active is still hanging in there.....

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I took this two days ago while on a hike

Looks like a healthy Diamondback! It must be a good bit warmer down your way than out here north of Wickenburg. We don't typically see our first rattlers until late March/early April.

Spring has definitely arrived! In the low 70's here. Absolutely beautiful weather!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Just returned from a ten day long range fishing trip out of San Diego. Kinda sad, but beautiful morning dawning. iPhone 7X

Love the colors, stunning, well done pulicords!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Trying my "luck" again. It's actually a small attempt at immortalizing the magnificent color's in this rose, I couldn't pass it up another day as the flower fades and falls away...iphone X

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Another fantastic shot Will.

I now question why I even use my DSLR when an iPhone is capable of this level of photography.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Another fantastic shot Will.

I now question why I even use my DSLR when an iPhone is capable of this level of photography.

Thanks Z, yea I'm starting to hone in on the iPhone skills a little better. I've since purchased a new app for the iPhone called Focos, excellent features for getting just the right amount of bokeh, along with several other useful features. Also, I've wanted to ask you, in the photo in the February thread you shot that amazing photo of those roses and firearms that inspired these same colored roses, did you use a HDR feature or the Prisma app to shoot it? It actually looks like it would make a great poster!

Regards, Will G.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Good catch Will, it was the Prisma app on my iPad for the 'Guns 'N Roses' pic.

Prisma Mini

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Z, I have been doing a lot of reading as of late, mostly about smartphone camera technologies. The upcoming features phones will be loaded with like 3 lenses to get 3-D like images and augmented reality (AR) hardware/software is mind boggling. One of the most limiting factors of pushing image boundaries with smartphones is the size of the camera sensors. I've always wondered if iPads were installed with larger sensors for better quality images having more internal space to accommodate larger and/or higher quality sensors. Lenses are another factor. As they improve, so too will image quality and having 2 or 3 lenses for wide angle and telephoto. There's much research into lenses that will give images a more 3-D effect along with depth. Phone features aside, cameras in the phones are getting incredibly better. All without having to swap out lenses for different effects, most smartphone future tech will include lenses and camera features that might even please the discriminating dslr user. Just the convenience and portability of having a great camera along with phone features alone is exciting. What the future smartphone crystal ball holds is anybody's guess but, my money is definitely on camera features and tech.

Regards, Will G.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Potosi Mountain valley here in southern Nevada

here's a panoramic
https://i.imgur.com/T3NasRi.jpg

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Excellent images folks, both the pano and Grumpy's. Good job on exposure on the chrome of your bike Grumpy, sharp and great focus. And love the horse, always have Smile

I only wish I had the interesting landscapes you folks do, I'd have to travel to get into those areas. Everything here is flat, sandy, palm trees and water..

I'd love to see some images from the newer Samsung's and Pixel smartphones. They're getting some high marks for best smartphone cameras in reviews.

Regards, Will G.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Samsung Galaxy S10

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Second sign I’m carving for our friends winery.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
This little Green Jay was perched outside my window, eyeing the feeder that was overrun with sparrows and cardinals. Don't get me started on the squirrels. Oh look, squirrel!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Second sign I’m carving for our friends winery.

Great job on the grape cluster. That is not easy.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
A few from Israel

Caesarea, the theater and Hippodrome

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Masada

Grain/food Storage

The ramp built by the Romans to conquer the Jews on Masada's plateau

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Qumran

One of the caves where the Dead Sea scrolls were found

Temple Mount