SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Everything I photograph is on my iPhone. Currently an iPhone 11pro max.
So convenient having something on you all the time that takes decent photos.

What types of knives are those?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Stalking the bee. Cool

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Amazing images Q! Might I ask, I looked back several pages to see if I had previously asked what smartphone was used and couldn't find a post. Also, are you using the digital camera zoom for the close-ups?

The smartphone images on these pages are of such wonderful quality and full of colors, thanks all for the snaps Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Amazing images Q! Might I ask, I looked back several pages to see if I had previously asked what smartphone was used and couldn't find a post. Also, are you using the digital camera zoom for the close-ups?

Just my Samsung S6 Galaxy at 1x and physically up close to the subject.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

Just my Samsung S6 Galaxy at 1x and physically up close to the subject.

Your smartphone snaps some high quality images. I did a web search for the current Samsung Galaxy "S" lineup and was surprised to see that they are currently up to 2020 Samsung Galaxy S20?? Eek They are still listed among the best smartphones. Their displays have always been top notch, phones, TV's, whatever..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Hummer 2day:

iPhone8

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

iPhone8

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Everything I photograph is on my iPhone. Currently an iPhone 11pro max.
So convenient having something on you all the time that takes decent photos.

What types of knives are those?

I’m sorry. I’ve been off in la la land.
The top one is an Artisan Cutlery Archeao
The bottom one is a CJRB ( the budget line of Artisan Cutlery) Centros with micarta scales.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily a high-quality pic, but neat subject matter.

I saw this '66 Chevelle while I was out and about today. Appeared to have the 396, and sounded really smooth. Two older (than me, haha!) fellas in it, wearing grins as big as Texas.

Interestingly, the tag was maroon. I've not seen a maroon one before. Usually, the antiques/classics have black plates.

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice pics. I wish my newish I-Phone would take as good of quality pics.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Taken with an S8+ over the weekend, Cancun

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
What amazing colors and beautiful images in a thread that seems to resurrect itself every now and again. Thanks for the new additions. I get so much enjoyment from seeing how creative and the quality of a smartphone to accurately reproduce the intended shot. I still have my iPhone X and it's still takes very accurate representations of the subjects I snap. And I honestly haven't yet taken my best snap, it's out there though, just waiting.

Thanks for the updated snaps all. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Stalking the bee. Cool
Makes me think of https://poets.org/poem/how-doth-little-busy-bee but how Lewis Carroll used it for a crocodile.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

That's some gorgeous wood on your shotgun. Would enjoy seeing some side-on shots if you have some.

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Just saw your request ^^^^^

Here’s a little better picture of my Beretta Xcel A400

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've always been a huge fan of beautiful wood. In the past, I'd always purchase outright all my wood for the custom grip makers to carve grips out for me. I'm fascinated by the beauty and intricacies/figure of specific woods. Here's a left over stack that I have that never got carved. I can really appreciate the beauty of the wood on your shotgun, stunning!

Here's some Desert Ironwoods that I had Brian Challis carve out of a 30lb block of Ironwood I bought..

Here's a smaller snap of the birdseye maple grips that the Sarge carved for my Wilson. I sent him the wood and gold emblems, they look so much better in person..he did a splendid job!

And lastly, I'll toss in another of my personal favorites that Brian carved for my Nighthawk. This is a birdseye maple. The figure and color really don't shine from a pic..

Definitely a wood-a-holic myself. I can certainly appreciate the beauty in some good stocks in firearms..

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As an afterthought, it's been roughly about 10yrs and a stroke that may have compromised some memory but I purchased so much woods, amboyna, maples, burls/birdseyes and oddballs like desert ironwoods that I could have mixed up some of my descriptions of the various wood types. Nonetheless, photos are much of what I have left.

I will always have a special attraction to beautiful and figured woods, thanks for the reminder!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post

iPhone SE 2020

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^
Beautiful bike JPD217!

Honestly, I'm glad that in my lifetime they invented the smartphone with excellent camera tech capabilities because I can still snap images. I'm an old curmudgeon and couldn't carry my dslr gear around these days anyway. Smile

Regards, Will G.