SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Still searching for any Pixel phone images...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
How about any new Samsung Galaxy 10 users with the camera tech with 5 lenses? Sounds very interesting along with some great phone features. In this thread are some outstanding images taken with Samsung Galaxy phones so I'd expect that the new Galaxy 10 is no exception either!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The snap taken above was sent to my wife when she asked me if there was anything I needed from the store, so I quickly threw these items on the counter and snapped a shot for her shopping ad-ons. It wasn't until later I noticed that the photo had a lot of colorful colors in the image so I kept it. Sometimes a strange photo of stuff makes an interesting snapshot!

Regards, Will G.

All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
These are from a trip last week. Click on a picture to open full size image.

Panoramic shot taken while fishing at sunset:

The Penobscot Narrows Bridge:

From the observatory at the top of the bridge:

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Gear.Up that's my neck of the woods! When were you at the bridge?

EDIT: Duh..."Trip last week" was probably a clue, eh? Where all did you go?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
... Where all did you go?

Was up for a funeral. Just revisited my old stomping grounds.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Those are some awesome images Gear.up. The colors are superb and the pano is beautiful. Can you tell me what phone you used?

Regards, Will G.

All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Those are some awesome images Gear.up. The colors are superb and the pano is beautiful. Can you tell me what phone you used?

It's a Galaxy S8 Plus. The Pano may have come from RAW, I'm not sure. For some reason, one of the OS updates has messed up RAW shooting and images are out of focus.

I did add a little saturation in Photoshop.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
A few from my DC trip last week of June

Posts: 5300 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
quote:

It's a Galaxy S8 Plus. The Pano may have come from RAW, I'm not sure. For some reason, one of the OS updates has messed up RAW shooting and images are out of focus.

I did add a little saturation in Photoshop.

Not surprising that the images taken were from a Samsung Galaxy. There are many fine examples of great quality images in this thread taken with Samsung smartphones.

Though I've loaded a 3-party app Halide in my iPhone, outside of just a few snaps, I've really yet to develop another workflow using RAW files. When I still used my DSLR mostly everything was shot in RAW and at that time used Canon's proprietary software to import and basic editing, export to Elements for final tweaking and convert to high quality jpeg before uploading to my online host and web use. Though it was fairly easy and quick once my workflow was established, I haven't really missed using RAW files too much.

No doubt I'll mess around in the future with the Halide app, additionally these days Photos on my MacBook allows RAW file editing, the previous iPhoto program did not. Plus, this is where the Affinity software I loaded would really shine, lots of tool selections and adjustments. It's also pretty good for photo shop work.

an example messing around..

The cat had just the perfect bend in his tail to put him on the hood of the car, though I should've made him a little larger...that was what I was going for in the beginning, just to make him look huge on the hood!

There's so many uses for image manipulations and decent software editing programs. Anybody can become very creative if they have the time and practice. I'm just a basic amateur at all this. I should take the time and work up another RAW file workflow, there's a lot to be said of working with RAW/TIFF files, despite the larger file sizes.

These days I'm just so fascinated with smartphone camera technologies and how fast they're advancing. That coupled with editing programs and photo manipulations, I need more time. I'm just scratching the surface, playing around I guess you could say. You have to make it fun.

If I were to ever switch over again, I'd definitely be looking at Samsung Galaxy, they are more than capable of producing superb images.

Regards, Will G.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Crepe myrtles are in full bloom at the Q's residence. Cool

And, firearms, of course. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
No question, Samsung Galaxy smartphones snap some of the most superb images. Hard to imagine that these photos were taken by smartphones and still get comparable images to DSLR qualities.

Circumstances beyond my control won't allow me to lug the DSLR gear or manipulate to settings controls and use two hands anymore. Selling my stuff and focusing on the ease and simplicity of a smartphone has allowed me to stay in the game so to speak.

Excellent images folks! Q, those pistol photos are great examples of squeezing to qualities out of a smartphone camera and good lighting. I'm sure many would think a DSLR quality shot at first glance, well done!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
As I don't frequent as much these days, I'm bringing this topic back from the past in hopes that somebody with a newer iPhone 11 or other brands may post some images.

Even though my latest iPhone X still takes some very good images, I'm intrigued by this new camera tech on the newer phones, like the iPhone 11 and others. With how quickly the new tech is moving forward and the advancements, I can see how the improvement in lenses and sensors are impacting the outcome in image quality.

I just may have an itch since I can still get a decent trade-in value of my phone...I'd love to see some images at work if anybody has any to share? iPhone or other new phones if anybody has some.

Regards, Will G.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I don't frequent as much these days, I'm bringing this topic back from the past in hopes that somebody with a newer iPhone 11 or other brands may post some images...

I've been very impressed with the camera on my iPhone 11 Pro. I don't have any comparison pics showing how effective the night shot vs. no night shot is but it's a pretty compelling feature. (Also included on the standard iPhone 11). It makes it pretty easy to take pics in uncertain lighting conditions.

The pic below is from my wife's 11 Pro.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
I've been very impressed with the camera on my iPhone 11 Pro. I don't have any comparison pics showing how effective the night shot vs. no night shot is but it's a pretty compelling feature. (Also included on the standard iPhone 11). It makes it pretty easy to take pics in uncertain lighting conditions.

Michael, thank you for posting the image. The iPhone 11 seems more than capable of great images from what I see on the web. Your night image is a great example of just how capable they can be, even at night. Honestly I'd love to purchase one but just can't yet justify the additional expense. Additionally the iPhone X I purchased is holding it's own. Most times I just get caught up in the new phone upgrade syndrome. Other than adding more megapixel's and/or finding the room for a larger sensor without making the phone size much larger to accommodate, smartphone camera tech is excellent.

Your night image is an excellent example of how much better the tech is advancing. Who would have thought this would be available before cellphones were even a manageable size in your hand unlike the earlier walkie-talkie sizes that didn't even have cameras yet. I can't even image what the future has in store...

Regards, Will G.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your night image is an excellent example of how much better the tech is advancing. Who would have thought this would be available before cellphones were even a manageable size in your hand unlike the earlier walkie-talkie sizes that didn't even have cameras yet. I can't even image what the future has in store...

The new tech definitely validates a line I heard a comedian use: 'my handheld computer also has a phone built in'. I can remember the first cell phone I had ~25 year ago - a Motorolla bag phone. We've certainly come a long way since then.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Michael, dang..I still have that small itch and taking peeks at the iPhone 11 PRO. In many of the online descriptions they claim a much longer battery life, up to 4hrs more than the Xs. I've been logging my battery life with my iPhone X now for awhile and I get an average of 4days between full charges. Probably medium usages and on mostly all days. I'm not sure what phone you had previously but can you tell me about your current battery life with the 11 PRO?

"If" I did ever upgrade as the 11PRO has me intrigued with some of the upgraded features with the chip and camera stuff, I'm taking a longer look especially when I can still get a reasonable trade-in fee with my iPhone X. So far the reviews are pretty decent with the new phone. Thanks.

Regards, Will G.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I’ve never been one to be very heavy on battery usage, typically around 50-60% at the end of the work day for my iPhone X. That being said, the 11 Pro does last longer - I’d say the remaining battery is usually somewhere in the 65-70% range at the end of the work day. My wife and kids saw a noticeable improvement (wife has the 11 Pro, kids have the 11). As I understand it, Apple did away with one of the force touch sensors under the screen which resulted in more real estate for a larger battery.

Michael

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Michael. Still intrigued by the new iPhone 11 PRO, in a search for some comparison images to check some of the camera capabilities I stumbled on to this article by Andrew Hoyle/CNET who took some amazing images on a trip to the Scottish Highlands using the iPhone 11 PRO. He used an app called "Moment app" on his phone, and to be fair he did shoot in RAW format using this app and post processed the images with tweaks in Lightroom.

Nonetheless, the images are beautiful are well crafted using simple Lightroom features to clean and tweak them a bit.Over all, it's certainly testimony to the capabilities of the iPhone 11 PRO's camera. He took some night images of a coastline that after some post processing tweaks it looked superb. I'm still amazed by all the camera capabilities of a small device like the iPhone especially given that it's a phone, camera, and computer all into one.

In the past I had a Canon EOS 5D MkIII with the usual set of great lenses and gear. Since I could no longer lug around all the DSLR gear and shoot images with a left arm/hand that is compromised from a stroke, I started using my iPhone more. I was amazed at the quality that the images could produce, even with a little help in processing, I was hooked and thus my smartphone photo journey began. I'm still intrigued by all the current camera tech in these newer smartphones and some of the incredible images I've seen using them. Never losing site of the fact that this handheld device is also a phone and mini-computer to boot!

Here's the article and some of the incredibly well crafted images using his iPhone 11 PRO and a few shots from his iPhone Xs MAX.

Great images from the iPhone 11 PRO in the Scottish Highlands

Regards, Will G.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

iPhone 6 - PP with Prisma

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post