SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Easy solution. No need for both the 16-35mm and the 17-40mm. Sell of of the dust collectors and boom...GR II ready to be in your pocket daily. Mine has taken a few thousand shots in the 1.5 months I've had it. Makes the cell phone camera a non issue. Then just use the wifi to put the pics on your phone.

Wink

Truth is lately I've been seriously thinking about selling everything off at once along with a mint Gitzo/Markins combo in mint cond. I've had some recent set backs with health issues lately and just cannot shoulder the gear around. Thats why shooting with the iPhone is really ideal these days and a great option. I just have to put some serious thought into a price as a pkg and take the hit. In addition to a new rolling bag with many more accessories, I just need the push. My wife is helping with that too Wink I've already sold a few lenses recently trying to simplify things in hopes that my situation would turn around but hasn't unfortunately.

Understood completely and hoping for the best. I've been through so many DSLR bodies, compacts, mirrorless setups and just about everything is great, but never all that convenient. I went through a recent Fuji kick and had the x100, x100s, x100t, xt1, and all the glass I could afford. It was amazing but it wasn't as snappy as some DSLR's. So then I grabbed a 6d cause of how light it is, and it's great...but still a lot of work to get out with lenses and stuff.

My other compacts were amazing, especially the Sony RX1. Talk about a perfect sensor to lens match made in heaven. Well, that's great but it still required a bag to carry. All of these also seems to suck in the battery life department as well.

I gave in and got the GR II simple because it is perfect for what I needed or wanted. It's pocketable cause the lens retracts, it's about the same size and weight as my iPhone 6s, and it's totally 1 hand user friendly. With how programmable the buttons are and the layout, I can grab it from my pocket and do everything with my right hand and then put it away when done. Plus the battery actually seems to last for me.

It's always tough parting with gear and taking a hit but some of the perks can be really good that come from it.

Now, instead of missing great shots or moments and not wanting to capture them on my phone, I just pull the GR out of the other pocket and I actually have something print worthy that will hold up IQ in a larger print.

Food for thought, but I would say the GR makes a great companion. Plus, the magnesium frame makes it feel like a feather.

I'm still about to buy a 17-40mm for my 6d as I have no good Canon glass anymore. Just some cheap primes and FD adapted stuff that is nice, but cumbersome to use.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
a couple of shots from a trip to Hilton Head last week

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Colorado- I phone 5

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
"I'm still about to buy a 17-40mm for my 6d as I have no good Canon glass anymore. Just some cheap primes and FD adapted stuff that is nice, but cumbersome to use."

Both are fine lenses. I purchased the 17-40mm first and later purchased the 16-35mm f2.8 which was a little faster of a lens a a bit sharper in the corners. The 16-35 is also a bit heavier too, but manageable. I like em both and found it hard to make any decision to sell off one. I often purchase with thoughts of buying one and selling off another so I don't get too many overlapping ranges but sometimes it didn't work out, or I ended up repurchasing the same lens again down the road, like the 24-105mm. I'm on my second of that particular lens but actually the second ended up being a tad sharper than the first too. They're very close, but the 17-40mm isn't any slouch either, in fact many folks preferred it between the two. I just sold off a mint 24-70mm II f/2.8 which was an expensive little bugger and had thoughts about picking up the new 24-70mm f/4 which I believe has IS also but never got to it. I heard good things about it over at the FM forum from folks.

Additionally thanks folks for the great outdoors images, almost like breathing in the fresh air of the mountains in CO. Or a beautiful day on the water!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Snapped off another quick image with the iPhone 6S

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Automotive security system Razz

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
Automotive security system Razz

Even better yet if integrated into the sound system, though I rarely have seen two woofers in the trunk being different sizes! Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Even better yet if integrated into the sound system, though I rarely have seen two woofers in the trunk being different sizes! Big Grin

ROFL! They do have cross over there to help in integration Razz

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
These came from my Nexus 6P.

IMG_20160501_182911 by pursuitofless, on Flickr

IMG_20160203_195140 by pursuitofless, on Flickr

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey Man,
Nice Shot
Picture of Herbg22
posted Hide Post
Glacier National Park, a couple of weeks ago.

"Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."

Posts: 13124 | Location: Chicago | Registered: June 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
A couple days ago...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Love the photo's folks!

A quick snap of the Great White cleaner doing it's thing..In this heat down here it's a very inviting photo!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Somebody's having an excellent day!

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
These were taken with my iPhone 6S back in April on a trip to Costa Rica.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Took this at the range today.

I'll admit to being a bit startled, I didn't expect to see all these unhappy faces looking back at me when I threw something away.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post