SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Let's See Your Smartphone Photos
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Let's See Your Smartphone Photos Login/Join 
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Just fooling around with the iPhone and tweaking the python grips a little. Trying to get the color, sharpness, and wood grain dialed in. Looks like I'm going to be spending hours with this editing program. It's not like I don't have the time either, I've got plenty. Learning the adjustment layers and tools is going to be consuming but in the end it will pay off. Who says you can't get high quality from smartphone photography. I haven't missed the dslr at all. Additionally, I've got miles to go with shooting great photos and good subject matter. I've just lightly scratched the surface!



Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Still working on the layers for fun! Combination of two into one.





Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Really like the collage apps




U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "



 
Posts: 5863 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Well done Grumpy, like the signature too! Is that some kind of freehand program? I was looking at signature fonts in some online videos and see that there are lots of different styles of fonts and quickly glanced at a program that allows you to do a freehand style but to do that with a mouse would definitely take some skills, maybe a tablet and a pen you could I guess.


Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Well done Grumpy, like the signature too! Is that some kind of freehand program? I was looking at signature fonts in some online videos and see that there are lots of different styles of fonts and quickly glanced at a program that allows you to do a freehand style but to do that with a mouse would definitely take some skills, maybe a tablet and a pen you could I guess.


I have no idea what phone Grumpy has but my LG G6 has that ability as an option in the camera settings. You can pick size and font. Pretty cool.

Jim


________________________

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
 
Posts: 6673 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post



"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."
 
Posts: 8455 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Well done Grumpy, like the signature too! Is that some kind of freehand program? I was looking at signature fonts in some online videos and see that there are lots of different styles of fonts and quickly glanced at a program that allows you to do a freehand style but to do that with a mouse would definitely take some skills, maybe a tablet and a pen you could I guess.


I have no idea what phone Grumpy has but my LG G6 has that ability as an option in the camera settings. You can pick size and font. Pretty cool.

Jim


Nice phone Jim, have any recent photo's to post? My phone allows you to just scratch off a message using the iMessage app but not others. If I would like to add a signature or watermark looks like my Affinity Photo app on the MacBook.

I wish that we had good places down here to do some nice landscape or scenery like Yellowjackets or others here in the Gallery. We just have lots of sand, ocean, and palm trees Frown


Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Well done Grumpy, like the signature too! Is that some kind of freehand program? I was looking at signature fonts in some online videos and see that there are lots of different styles of fonts and quickly glanced at a program that allows you to do a freehand style but to do that with a mouse would definitely take some skills, maybe a tablet and a pen you could I guess.


I have no idea what phone Grumpy has but my LG G6 has that ability as an option in the camera settings. You can pick size and font. Pretty cool.

Jim


Nice phone Jim, have any recent photo's to post? My phone allows you to just scratch off a message using the iMessage app but not others. If I would like to add a signature or watermark looks like my Affinity Photo app on the MacBook.

I wish that we had good places down here to do some nice landscape or scenery like Yellowjackets or others here in the Gallery. We just have lots of sand, ocean, and palm trees Frown


Hear you go. Just a quicky of breakfast this morning. Not a very good one, but it does show the signature.



Jim


________________________

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
 
Posts: 6673 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 4155 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jim, you're killing me here, I'm starving this morning and I look at that Eek I can't remember when I ate a breakfast as good as that looks. Very tasteful signature too..(no pun intended either)

Wonderful image of the pooch. If it weren't for the nose I'd be hard pressed to guess what critter it is! Great bokeh, what kind of camera?


Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Here's another taken with the LG G6.

Just below the frost line.



________________________

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
 
Posts: 6673 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Well done Grumpy, like the signature too! Is that some kind of freehand program? I was looking at signature fonts in some online videos and see that there are lots of different styles of fonts and quickly glanced at a program that allows you to do a freehand style but to do that with a mouse would definitely take some skills, maybe a tablet and a pen you could I guess.




I'm sorry guys , I hadn't checked back in on this thread.
Here's a screen shot of the watermark app I used.
The font is one of theirs & you pick the color, size & orientation.


I got a little tired of seeing some of my pics wind up on other forums & web sites.
It's why I try & use the same 4-5 backgrounds in most of my pics.











U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "



 
Posts: 5863 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Here's another taken with the LG G6.

Just below the frost line.



Cool pic!...pardon the pun Smile


________________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Canadian Coast Guard - Retired
 
Posts: 824 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Here's another taken with the LG G6.

Just below the frost line.



Cool pic!...pardon the pun Smile


Not as cool as your environment. We've had a really mild winter so far. I sent a 5 grand donation to the Cali fund against global warming the other day. NOT!! Just kidding.

Typically this time of year there would snow and snowmobile tracks in that field.

Jim


________________________

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
 
Posts: 6673 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Not as cool as your environment. We've had a really mild winter so far. I sent a 5 grand donation to the Cali fund against global warming the other day. NOT!! Just kidding.

Typically this time of year there would snow and snowmobile tracks in that field.

Jim


LOL...well 2 out of 3 groundhogs (as accurate as any climatologist Razz ) predict another 6 weeks of winter yet so hold on, it ain't over yet!


________________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Canadian Coast Guard - Retired
 
Posts: 824 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim for pointing to the app, I've been checking the tutorials in my Affinity Photo app on my MacBook, all the choices and info is enough to make my head swim. I can see why you'd want to tag your images with a signature and perhaps deter somebody from cloning them for use. Good point!

You folks are so lucky to have scenery like mountains and rolling hills of forests. I never tire of looking at all the different scenic photos.


Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Thanks Jim for pointing to the app, I've been checking the tutorials in my Affinity Photo app on my MacBook, all the choices and info is enough to make my head swim. I can see why you'd want to tag your images with a signature and perhaps deter somebody from cloning them for use. Good point!

You folks are so lucky to have scenery like mountains and rolling hills of forests. I never tire of looking at all the different scenic photos.


Actually it's not an app in my case. It's a built in feature in the camera itself. It's one of many reasons I opted for the G6. That and it has a full manual mode with Raw being an option as well and 2 13 MP lenses. One is standard and the other wide angle. It's really a great camera for a cell phone.

Jim


________________________

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
 
Posts: 6673 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Thanks Jim for pointing to the app, I've been checking the tutorials in my Affinity Photo app on my MacBook, all the choices and info is enough to make my head swim. I can see why you'd want to tag your images with a signature and perhaps deter somebody from cloning them for use. Good point!

You folks are so lucky to have scenery like mountains and rolling hills of forests. I never tire of looking at all the different scenic photos.


Actually it's not an app in my case. It's a built in feature in the camera itself. It's one of many reasons I opted for the G6. That and it has a full manual mode with Raw being an option as well and 2 13 MP lenses. One is standard and the other wide angle. It's really a great camera for a cell phone.

Jim


Oops! After so many posts I see that my reply actually got mixed up a tad. I see now that my reply about the app was for Grumpy's post about the Watermark app..I got a little turned around there Wink


Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Friday Divisions. I'm doing a teaching stint here for awhile - they bring old retired farts like myself back to stir things up lol (iPhone 7).



________________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Canadian Coast Guard - Retired
 
Posts: 824 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I previously deleted the images of my old vette because I didn't want to drift too much from the original topic of smartphone photos. What I did however want to emphasize was the use of the Affinity Photo editing program and it's usefulness with photo's be it with a dslr or smartphone images. In this sequence of images I mainly want to point to sharpening techniques I'm discovering using the program in addition to editing out unwanted distractions to better an existing photo that you've stored. In this instance, I will be using both an image from a very old 2mp digital camera and a current iPhone to illustrate some similarities and differences. I'll be using my old vette to show the usefulness of being able to edit out any unwanted artifacts in the image along with sharpening with layers such a using unsharp mask layers and using the LAB color adjustment for bringing up the pleasing colors in the image.

First is using the photo of my Accord using LAB color adjustment and using the unsharp layer adjust to sharpen up the image a little using an iPhone 6S.



Next is using the program to edit out unwanted artifacts and distractions such as the lamp post towards the back of my car which is an unwanted distraction..



In this second image of my old vette, you can see the usefulness of removing the lamp post non-destructively to the original image and enhancing the photo..



Both images were sharpened using the unsharp layers in this photo editing program. Mind you, I'm just an amateur using this editing program with both my existing photo's and especially using the iPhone for snapping images these days. I no longer use a dslr and have sold off my gear and now exclusively use the smartphone which imo can get you many very high quality images by comparison without having to carry around the gear, camera body, lenses, and/or tripod etc. DSLR will always take a superior image, especially the quality using various lenses, megapixels and techniques but, the new technologies with smartphones and using useful photo editing programs will get you there with some simple post production edits. Many dslr users use post production editing programs as is for displaying high quality images of their work on the web currently such as Photo Shop, Lightroom, Elements, and others. This new Affinity Photo program was designed using several Mac designers so it's very user friendly with Apple stuff. They do use Window applications also. It integrates very well using my MacBook and iPhone photos. It's just going to take a bit of a learning curve to adjust to the many, many, useful features. In the past with my dslr I mainly used Canon's proprietary DPP program for RAW file edits and Elements for photo image tweaks, so I have a few of the very basic understandings of the tool selections and basic adjustments in the programs. These days, what you can do with these programs is amazing for photo enhancements to bring out a better image for web use. You can never take away from the basic photo or talent of the photographer, but I liken it to waxing a car to bring out the natural beauty of the paint.


Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 7740 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Let's See Your Smartphone Photos

© SIGforum 2018