SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Beretta Centurion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Centurion Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
All this talk of Beretta Compacts got me thinking I needed a 92 again. I had a full size, but sold it years ago. I thought I'd try a Centurion. I found this one and it cleaned up nicely. From the serial number, it is a 1994.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I have always liked those. Very classy. Nice grab.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Nice looking.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sweet pistol

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
They are the sweet spot of the 92 Series. I’d never part with mine. Add the Elite II hammer & D spring for full effect if you already haven’t done so..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It has a Wolff replacement hammer spring. No new hammer yet.

I am considering Langdon's trigger kit in a bag.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
My favorite handgun of all time, 92 or 96.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It's SOOOOO worth it.

A friend scored a M9A3 for $600 locally and it has a nice trigger from the factory, at least he thought it did until he pulled the trigger on my 92A1 w/TJIAB in it.

All of my 92s have one, it's THAT good.

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It's SOOOOO worth it.

A friend scored a M9A3 for $600 locally and it has a nice trigger from the factory, at least he thought it did until he pulled the trigger on my 92A1 w/TJIAB in it.

All of my 92s have one, it's THAT good.

Rhino, just curious how hard is it to install the TJIAB?

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
Rhino, just curious how hard is it to install the TJIAB?
It's a lot easier than I thought. LTT and some others have videos on the process.

The first install took me about an hour to do, but I would watch a part of the video, do it, then watch the next part, etc, etc, going really slow. I also did a G-conversion in that time.

After that it's been about a 15-25 min job for subsequent TJIAB and G-conversions.

The 92 series is actually a lot easier to work on than you'd think by just looking at it. No harder than a SIG P220-229 series, maybe a tad easier?

Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful pistol, thank you for sharing and thank you for posting that link. Approximately how much does that kit cost? I would look it up myself but I’m too scared that when I get to the page I’ll order one! I have convinced myself that I’m saving money for something special although I don’t know exactly what it is yet.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I added a Wilson hammer. It helps let off a bit, and improves reset. I'll add the Wilson trigger bar next and fit it myself. I enjoy a little WECSOG.

The Langdon kit is $165 and up depending on the hammer you want. It is pre-fit. You can get the parts more cheaply separately, but you have to fit the trigger bar. The difference is Langdon's work on the trigger bar.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

posted Hide Post
Great looking piece

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
It's probably been 20 years ago I bought a used 92FS, it's still one of my favorite pistols; crisp trigger and short reset. I don't know what kind of trigger job it has but I'm sure it has one and it's nice ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh, my that's nice.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet Centurion!

Posts: 717 | Location: Keystone State  | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post