SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    I'm not a knife guy ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm not a knife guy ... Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
... but I always have one. I like Kershaw, especially the US made ones, but I don't see them as often ...
The two bottom center are made in China but seem worthy of the name ... they hold up and hold an edge ... the bottom center is EDC

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
That bottom center is like a "Swiss Army Kershaw"!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WARNING:

Kershaw is a Gateway Drug!

I got the Cryo II, just above the Swiss Army Kershaw, a couple years ago, and liked it a lot. That is, until I needed more to satisfy the craving and I got one of the last ZT0301TS knives available.

The Cryo II is still my EDC, though. It's less obtrusive, cheaper if I lose it, and still a great knife!

That's the good beginning of a collection!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
That bottom center is like a "Swiss Army Kershaw"!

Oh, it gets even better ... it's the Kershaw 1920 Select Fire ... what a great name!

Most of my job is IT work ... with it and my handy-dandy flash drive in my pocket I can do most simple things at the users desk ... if I need something more I'll most likely take it to my bench anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
WARNING:

Kershaw is a Gateway Drug!

<SNIP>

That's the good beginning of a collection!

If I was more of a knife guy it definitely could be a problem ... but I can stop anytime I want!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
... but I can stop anytime I want!

Yeah, we've all heard that before! Wink

At least if you stay with Kershaw, you're not spending a lot of money compared to ZT or other high-end names that don't do the job much better. Yes, I like my Gibbs knife better than my Cryo II, but it stays home while the Cryo II shares my adventures.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Kinda figured you to be an auto kind of guy.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Kinda figured you to be an auto kind of guy.

The one's on the right and left are autos ...

quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
... but I can stop anytime I want!

Yeah, we've all heard that before! Wink

At least if you stay with Kershaw, you're not spending a lot of money
<snip>

And there in lies the point ... I used to loose knives almost as quick as I could by them, so I talk myself out of buying the expensive ones.

I've lost the Select Fire at least twice, the last time it was gone for nearly 2 months before I bought another to replace it ... the same day the replacement showed up I found the original ... of course!
I've lost the Chive for nearly a year ... then I was going through some slacks I was going to donate to Good Will ... thankfully I looked in the pockets first because there is was!

posted Hide Post
Nice collection. They look very handsome,especially that bottom center.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking lately about buying a "nice" knife. I don't have a really nice one. Just some "pretty good" ones.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I've been thinking lately about buying a "nice" knife. I don't have a really nice one. Just some "pretty good" ones.

So what are you thinking?

Every once in a while, the urge to buy a nice Benchmade or other premium blade starts to gnaw on me, I just remind myself that I'll either never carry it or if I do I'll loose it somehow ... so I convince myself that my US made Kershaws are good and my China made ones are "good enough" ... the SelectFire that I carry every day is China made has never let me down ... and if I loose it or it does break I have a spare to carry for if/when I send it in for repair.

I was on Amazon doing some shopping last week when I noticed I had some points! ... and when you get enough of them they're worth dollars!

I definitely didn't need these but I couldn't fight off the urge to use my points and get them for "free" ... afterall, who doesn't need a good hatchet with a pike on the back for those times when you're sliding down the face of an ice ledge or something!

Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
^ I was thinking either a Benchmade or a Zero Tolerance.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a launch 3 myself

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep a kershaw selectfire in my flight suit lower leg pocket. It gets used a lot.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post