SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    arcwelder, you might like this
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

arcwelder, you might like this Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
Your recent thread about your Ronin Boba Fett figure made me decide to post this.

I received these for Christmas, from a relative who knows that at my age all presents don't have to be practical. These are from Metal Earth, they start out as two photoetched sheets that you clip the parts from and by folding, bending and inserting tabs into slots the subject matters are assembled. Metal Earth does a wide variety of subjects, I already have the Pan Am Chins Clipper, B-17G and Lunar Rover, and they are a pleasant change from my usual hobby of assembling plastic model aircraft. Each one of these are about three inches in length.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate folks like you with the patience and dexterity to create things like this. Much like Calvin, all my airplane models got hit by "anti-aircraft fire" before completion as a child. And, er, not as a child.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I had wanted to get in to the Metal Earth series after seeing what my brother had put together. Going through each one to get what would look like the biggest PITA and start from there. Battleships, locomotives, Army Jeeps, Gundams, Transformers...

I found the dragon (ICX023). Yeah, just a bit more involved than the Washington Monument. Was able to get the whole thing together without slicing the you know what out of myself.

My brother said that that he didn't know what was worse, that I built it with the tabs folded up on the inside and not exposed, or that I named her Phyllis. Wink

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son got a couple of these for gifts and has yet to get one completely assembled. They are not easy to do but pretty neat.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I just got the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean, but haven't put it together yet. I'll post it up when I do.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cool. I've thought about getting one of those. Now I have to.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Cool. I've thought about getting one of those. Now I have to.

They are a fun diversion from my usual plastic scale model building hobby.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post