SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    May have to sell one of these. Which one would you keep??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May have to sell one of these. Which one would you keep?? Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
Unfortunately life happens. I'm halfway through my recovery from a bilateral total hip replacement and my short-term disability just isn't enough to cover all the finances now that my daughter started college. I hope it doesn't come to it but I am mentally prepared to sell a few guns if necessary. If it comes down to selling one of these two, 226 Navy and a 228 1991 mfg, what one would you let go if you're in the situation? My gut instinct tells me I'd be able to find another 226 when I'm back on my feet financially easier than I would be a 228 but I would like the forums opinion. Thank you, Brian

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I would get rid of the Navy/MK25, if necessary, before I let go of the classic P228.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Agree on the Navy. Will be found later.

GL w/hip. Been there 17 months ago. The improvement is amazing!

In my situation; daughter is 43 and requires 0 $$ support now.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
Thank you about the hip. I'm 49 and didn't even realize how screwed up they were. I'm already feeling so much better but not ready to return to my physical job. I'm hoping to get through this without having to sell either one of these since I have a couple stock Glocks that could go first and would be much easier to replace.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bripro,

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
For me the Glocks would go first,Then the Navy it is easier to find at this time

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
^^^^The Glocks will definitely go first. There's only so much of a hit I can take on my savings until it's time to start thinking about selling things. If it comes down to it it will be hard for me to let go of either Sig. I spent six years in the Navy so I have a fondness for the 226 and was lucky enough to pick that 228 up for under $450 so it will yield a better return but definitely be harder to replace. Fingers crossed that they let me return to work early!!

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I would get rid of the Navy/MK25, if necessary, before I let go of the classic P228.

Agreed, if those were my only two choices.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
228 might bring you more money?

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'd keep the 228.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Agreed, keep the 228. Best SIG ever made.

Good luck with your recovery.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed that I will get through this without selling anything now. A great things happened yesterday. A friend from work visited saying he had some business in my area anyway. When I asked him what his business near me was he said it was to bring you this and he handed me an envelope. Inside were collections from the guys, and one woman, from work. Don't get me wrong, I work at a small company, the lumberyard actually were in the yard foreman. We have a total of 30 employees but if everyone put in 20 or 30 bucks that envelope exceeds what I would get for either if those Sigs. I plan to put it away and if I get to the point where I would've had to sell one of those I break it out. It's the first time I was ever on the receiving end of something like this and though I'm honored by their thoughts I'm certainly humbled as well. The bigger picture and the fact that I don't have to sell one of my pistols is the fact that my work still remains a second family.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bripro:
Fingers crossed that I will get through this without selling anything now. A great things happened yesterday. A friend from work visited saying he had some business in my area anyway. When I asked him what his business near me was he said it was to bring you this and he handed me an envelope. Inside were collections from the guys, and one woman, from work. Don't get me wrong, I work at a small company, the lumberyard actually were in the yard foreman. We have a total of 30 employees but if everyone put in 20 or 30 bucks that envelope exceeds what I would get for either if those Sigs. I plan to put it away and if I get to the point where I would've had to sell one of those I break it out. It's the first time I was ever on the receiving end of something like this and though I'm honored by their thoughts I'm certainly humbled as well. The bigger picture and the fact that I don't have to sell one of my pistols is the fact that my work still remains a second family.

that's awesome. Sounds like you work with some great people.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bripro:

Keep the 228 and throw a small party for your coworkers when you get back. Cool

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post