SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Blue Steel and Wood: S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Steel and Wood: S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
‘77-‘78 vintage S&W 28-2 here. As much as I like S&W target stocks, they are just a shade too big for me on an N-frame. Shot this one recently with Ahrends Retro Targets that are just about perfect for me. Also shown with Tuff Products 8-round QuickStrips loaded 2-2-2 for a little easier handling.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The very first handgun I ever bought for myself.

Also, if I recall correctly, the very first center-fire handgun I ever shot. Dad had one, which was my primary reason for buying one.

I remember the hoops he had to jump through in Michigan in the 60's to even be allowed to buy one. Never even bothered to try to get a permit to carry.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
oh mama

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Great revolver, great photos.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An M-28 with a 4" barrel was the second gun I ever bought, back in the late 1960's. It came with both sets of stocks, and I could never decide which were better for me, although one day during the riots of the late 1960's I put the small ones on and concealed it under a sweater to get to work safely.

Unfortunately, I sold it since it was so bulky. Eventually I got an M-19 to replace it with, but the 19 was nowhere near the build quality of the 28.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very nice. Love the Highway Patrolmen.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Really beautiful piece. When I think of a revolver, S&W HP is it - great shape too!

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, all! This one was indeed in excellent shape and I’ll admit - a part of me was slightly hesitant to shoot it; however, it was not bought to sit in a case or a safe, so off to the range it goes!

I’m glad to see so much N-frame love here! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Primo!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Always liked the model 28

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post