SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Travels of the Challenge Coins Round 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travels of the Challenge Coins Round 2 Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
Sadly the first thread has closed.

Up on the Gunflint trail in Northern Minnesota, 2 1/2 miles from the Canadian border. Came to camp and fish but the cold rainy weather drove us into a cabin at the lodge/resort. Good times, even in the rain, with my son making memories.

Main by Scott Fahey, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BRL,

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
At the beginning of the Gunflint Trail, Grand Marais MN. A little micro brewery sits on the shore of Lake Superior. A must stop each time I'm here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BRL,

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What lake is that lodge on? I spent two wonderful vacations with my Father, Brother and Great Uncle on East Bearskin Lake back in the early 1960's, and it looks familiar.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Hungry Jack Lake. Just a stones throw from East Bearskin.

posted Hide Post
Good times for a couple kids. Both my bear encounters were there. Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
When next my challenge coin travels, it will do so in this nifty belt pouch from Privateer Leather, their "Sovereign" model.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
When next my challenge coin travels, it will do so in this nifty belt pouch from Privateer Leather, their "Sovereign" model.

It will be traveling in style. Big Grin

You should send the pic in to Privateer Leather and see if they use it.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:

It will be traveling in style. Big Grin

You should send the pic in to Privateer Leather and see if they use it.

Thank you and I think I'll do that! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Blanchard Springs Caverns, near Mountain View Arkansas.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
OK--I'll bite. Where is the coin in this photo?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Blanchard Springs Caverns, near Mountain View Arkansas.

My extended family lived for many years in Pleasant Grove, a small community in Stone County, Arkansas (of which Mountain View is the Seat), and I've visited Blanchard Springs Caverns several times over the years. I'm going to a Cousins' Reunion this weekend at PG and may find time to again go through the caverns. None of my photos from years past have been scanned into digital form.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
OK--I'll bite. Where is the coin in this photo?

flashguy

Right behind me in the previous photo Wink. This is the view outside of the brewery.