SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Found out I still haven’t been forgiven ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found out I still haven’t been forgiven ... Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
My daughter still thinks this was the coolest sports car I ever had

She still doesn’t understand how I could have sold it, and she’s 19 now.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna have to side with your daughter on this one. Smile

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I hope she gave you a proper what-for! Smile

That's a beautiful car.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I agree with the others and your daughter, however I also sold a car I regret selling. I had a 64 1/2 Mustang convertible that I traded when I came back from Southeast Asia. Red Face

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
MGA 1500?

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Great looking car! Driveway is too clean for it to have been there long. Big Grin

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sold it before the "Tin Worm" had a chance to attack it?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
MGA 1500?

Yep, 1955, first year production and only a handful were imported.
Main reason I sold it was that I was always afraid something would happen to it ... wouldn’t even take it to the store because I’d have to leave it in the parking lot ... defenseless. The only place it went was to go cruising around in the evening, Sunday afternoons and cruise nites ... and then it HAD to be nice, I didn’t buy it to put the top up, even tho it had one, it was mostly just a sun shade as rain would come in the front and sides around the bolt on side windows.

After that I bought a 2007 Saturn Sky which I enjoyed more because I didn’t worry about it as much.

Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
I had a 1958 MGA Roadster back in the 70s. Restored is from the ground up. It had the wire spoke rims, luggage rack on the trunk lid.
It was banana yellow. Wonderful sports car!

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
And, she is right. Nice iron.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I regret having sold my original 1966 Mustang--I was leaving Iran and sold it in 1971 to a GI there. (Got a good price, but had seller's remorse some time later.) Many years later, I bought a restored 1966 Mustang from a guy who rebuilt them as a hobby--still have it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Had a '57 MGA and stupid me, gave it up and joined the Air Force 1968. Sure miss her.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Those MGA’s and Austin Healey’s always looked similar to me. Nice cars!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Can't blame her. Lovely little car.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought two MGA’s when I was in the Navy, stationed in Mayport, Fla.

Lots of fun to drive. Put radial tires on them and they handled like a go cart.

Got worried about parts availability and sold them. Shouldn’t have worried.

Dad had an MG TF when I was a kid, that was pretty neat too. Headlights were blended into the swooping front fenders.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
The TF has an elegant look, ice always liked it and the TC ... For some reason, and I can't really put my finger on it, but I've never really cared for the TD.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
We find you guilty as charged. I'm afraid the sentence will be rather... expensive.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Yes, have to side with your daughter on this one. Shame to have let that go but if you were always worried about it then perhaps that was the right choice. Beautiful car.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
The Saturn was a good choice. Not too many around, but when I see them, I'm envious!!!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
The Saturn was a good choice. Not too many around, but when I see them, I'm envious!!!

I still kick myself for letting it go ... too.