SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Out with the new in with the old: let's see some Steel and Wood
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Out with the new in with the old: let's see some Steel and Wood Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Recently I have sold some polymer and got some new steel. Polymer guns are fine but they don't give me "that" feeling. I just picked these up yesterday:

Smith Wesson 627PC in 357mag and Colt 1991A1 in 9mm.

Here is the 627PC next to its little brother the 986PC

Let's see yours...

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

PTR 91. Replaced all polymer with original Hk 91 wood furniture. Original German surplus sling and replace charging handle with a bigger one. .308 caliber battle rifle.

Posts: 26 | Registered: February 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK --

Is that first rifle a CZ550FS? How's it shoot?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
RogueJSK --

Is that first rifle a CZ550FS?

No, it's a 1987 Ruger M77 RSI (aka "M77 International") in .30-06. It's an early M77 with the tang safety; a pre-Mk. II/Hawkeye.

Very similar to the CZ 550 FS, with a compact barrel, iron sights, and Mannlicher stock. The Ruger lacks the CZ's sweet set trigger, but is a little shorter and a little lighter than the CZ. The Ruger M77 RSI only has a 18.5" barrel, whereas the CZ 550 FS has a 20" barrel.

M77 RSI on top
CZ 550 FS on bottom

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Pardon the snapshot photography.

I don't own anything BUT steel and wood. Well, other than the occasional set of rubber grips.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Newf,

I love the grips on that Match Champion.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
101 year old steel & wood.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Love this thread, and wish I was home to post up a couple of my oldies.

quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

Newf, the wood on those rifles is beautiful. Are they original? Did you refinish them? They look like hand rubbed fine furniture.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
RogueJSK --

Is that first rifle a CZ550FS?

No, it's a 1987 Ruger M77 RSI (aka "M77 International") in .30-06.M77 RSI on top
CZ 550 FS on bottom...

Together like that, your Ruger looks even classier than the CZ! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Love this thread, and wish I was home to post up a couple of my oldies.

Newf, the wood on those rifles is beautiful. Are they original? Did you refinish them? They look like hand rubbed fine furniture.

Pic is taken in HDR so the highlights do pop a little more, but yes all origional with no refinishing. I don't have a lot of milsurps, but I have been a bit particular in getting ones in great condition Smile .

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eli F.
posted Hide Post

______________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.instagram.com/eli.farmer/

Posts: 264 | Location: Attalla, Alabama. | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Circa 1953 Russian Type III - built by Mario of Piece of History Firearms (Tucson AZ) on a full Russian parts kit.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post