SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Not a deer, but....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not a deer, but.... Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted
The owner of a farm where I hunt has had problems with predators raiding her chicken coop. She requested I dispatch of any predators I could while deer hunting on her land. I normally wouldn't do that as I have no need for coyotes or foxes, but she relies on her chickens so I keep an eye out. This morning I was hunting in a stand about 100 yards from her yard. One less predator to bother her chicks. And she was happy to take the pelt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chbibc,

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
So where did you hit it and with what?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Might make for a nice lifesized mount or (if you don't want to deal with that much of an expense) maybe just a tanned hide?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Very cool. Might make for a nice lifesized mount or (if you don't want to deal with that much of an expense) maybe just a tanned hide?

I hit it with a 12 ga. deer slug at about 40 yards. The other side is heavily damaged (side facing the ground in the photo). I had no interest in mounting it or taking the hide. The owner of the farm was happy to take it and I imagine she'll do something with the hide.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Good job taking out that fox. I have NO use for predators and take them out every time I see them.

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post