SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Photography game anyone? Let us start one. January's contest "Old School Cool"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photography game anyone? Let us start one. January's contest "Old School Cool" Login/Join 
posted
How about we start a Photography contest.
How I envision it to go.

Photos taken that month, Submitted the first 3 weeks/21 days. Voted on the last week of the month via a separate poll thread.

The winner wins bragging rights, and the ability to choose the firearm-related photo-topic for the following month.

So simple rules:
1 Photos must be your own.
2 Photos must be taken that month.
3 Use whatever post processing you wish.
4 One photo submission per month.

To start this month Off I will kick in a swiss army knife to the winner as a prize. To be included with their bragging rights and choice of next months photo topic.

This month's topic from 12/25/2018 till 1/25/2019 is Old School Cool. Pick your gun, or guns in whatever format you wish that exemplifies your idea of old school cool.

My examples. These are not entries. Just examples.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Here is my Smith & Wesson Model 66. This along with the duty rig and badge was my late Fathers.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Here is my Smith & Wesson Model 66. This along with the duty rig and badge was my late Fathers.

Nice! I like that a fair bit

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Going real old school: 1916 Prussian Contract "Red 9" - C96 Mauser 'Broomhandle' - 9mm

with Imperial Eagle silver ring & 1913 Wilhelm II (King of Prussia) Fünf Mark silver coin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
1970's Old School Cool

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

I’ll have to leave it to you to decide if it’s “cool,” it’s sure old school.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Tom, it is not only "cool", it is a classic.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep definitely a cool classic rifle.
I am guessing the smith is a model 39? I have always wanted to own one. Love the keys as a throwback tie in.

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I am guessing the smith is a model 39? I have always wanted to own one. Love the keys as a throwback tie in.

Yessir. 1973 S&W 39-2. Thanks!

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post

Not a great photo, but a cool old gun. It is a FN 1910. I don't know when this one was made, but the provenance makes me guess it is from the '30s. It could be from as late as the '50s, though. The grips are ivory.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Here's an oldie that came from my Dad's estate. I have no idea what it is, there is some marking but the "patina" is making it impossible to read.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jhe, is that 32acp or 380? I have been eyeing those in 32.

Utsig, that looks like a belgium or french revolver seen in the civil war or just after.

Look for it on horstheld guns
http://www.horstheld.com/

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Jhe, is that 32acp or 380? I have been eyeing those in 32.

Utsig, that looks like a belgium or french revolver seen in the civil war or just after.

That is a .380.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the lead, I'll spend some time looking through there.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Love both of those

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Taking the dogs for a walk in the woods and fresh snow, old school gear is 1967 Ruger with elk grips and a Northfield GEC burnt stag.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the ideas coming.

Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

I have one exactly like it My Dad bought it for me for my 15th birthday back in 1966. I still shoot this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post