Tools

NGC 7331 Login/Join 
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted
~50MLy distant @ Mag 10.3

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Andromeda is my favorite object to show people in my telescope.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Andromeda is my favorite object to show people in my telescope.

I'm with ya. I'm going for the deep stuff this winter. Using a 12" RC with a ZWO ASI 1600MM-C camera with a 2x extender added in the imaging train. On my scope it gives me a focal length of4680mm and a focal ratio of f15.6.

US Army, Retired

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nice. There's another more distant galaxy near the top of the photo.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Nice. There's another more distant galaxy near the top of the photo.

flashguy

That’s right. In fact there are several galaxies in the photo. Just look for the little blobs.

US Army, Retired

— Patrick Henry

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'd like to get into astrophotography but have no idea how to start.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, and fascinating.

And think, it's only 2.939 × 10(to the 20th) miles from Earth.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Start by Googling your questions. Tons of info out there targeted to your interest and level.
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Very nice. I'd like to get into astrophotography but have no idea how to start.

US Army, Retired

— Patrick Henry