SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Here's Me in a Lil Green Car
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's Me in a Lil Green Car Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Did you ever sit in a Lil Green Car like this one? It's a 1970 Super Bird. It remains all original, drivin quite often and clocks currently 167,000 miles. I am told with the white lettering, they are more rare than black. Powered by the 440 ci and a 6 pack. It has the air plane stick 4 speed shifter. The car has never had any restorations and my pics dont show the wear but on its top.

I thank you Flashguy for the help posting. I need a new site to save and post images.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That will get you on some cops radar.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Quite nice.
Closest I got was my dad's friend's yellow Road Runner, don't think it was a 440 in his, but it is/was quite a quick car.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15277 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love those cars. Years ago I got to drive a '69 Dodge Daytona. Had more interior room than my GMC Yukon!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice representation of Detroit Muscle!!!!

You look good behind the wheel.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
That will get you on some cops radar.
I didnt drive it 45Cal. Just wanted to sit in it and look over the hood.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
I love those cars. Years ago I got to drive a '69 Dodge Daytona. Had more interior room than my GMC Yukon!
The owner of this bird had a Daytona but sold it.

posted Hide Post
Classic.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be afraid to drive that, for just the monetary factor. Those gems are not cheap to buy or replace parts.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looking good, Dave!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I like Superbirds. The airplane stick shifter you mention is actually called the Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

First Year for the Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter

The First Pistol Grip
The first pistol grip shifters landed in showrooms on 1970 model cars. If you stopped by the dealership in late 1969 you could see 4-speed cars like the second generation Dodge Charger sporting the unique shift handle. Chrysler pony cars like the Plymouth Barracuda and the Dodge Challenger RT (Road Track) also used them.

Shift handles of the past came in all shapes and sizes. However, all of them had threaded holes and they screwed down onto the threaded rod of the shifter. The pistol grip is a completely different ballgame. The real wood handles mount to the sides of the shift lever just like they would on a real hand held firearm.

Recessed, heavy duty, stainless steel screws with a drop of thread locking compound assured a solid connection. They finished off the top of the handle with a stainless steel cap that included an easy to read map of the shift pattern. When you reached down and grabbed the pistol grip shift handle it felt like you were holding a 357 Magnum.

Why you see so Many Pistol Grip Shift Handles
You gain a tremendous sense of power and precision when you hold the handgun shaped handle. Although it probably has little to no effect on quarter-mile time, it feels good and it looks awesome.

For this reason Chrysler, muscle car owners have a tendency to install it on their automobiles. Aftermarket companies like Brewer's Performance make adapters and high-quality reproduction handles at reasonable price points. This makes it possible for people to add the popular accessory, even if it doesn't belong on the car.

https://www.liveabout.com/firs...-grip-shifter-726344

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a kid at the high school brought one in one day ,
His dad was a plymouth dealer, in town.

He said "I can drive it when ever I want"

that lasted 10 days , the Highway patrol pulled him over doing over 100 m.p.h. on I-80 .

never saw him driving it again ,after that.

In those days it wasn't a huge deal,
a lot of people were driving 75 -80 m.p.h.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
One of my top 3 MOPARs right there. Beautiful ride.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The '70 is all original and gets drivin often. Rick is driving from northern Kentucky to Talladega Speedway next Tuesday. He had new air shocks installed yesterday and mentioned the head liner might need a repair. He treats it like a car, closes the doors a bit hard, sets his soda can atop the fender. It gets put into service.