SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    We haven’t had an EDC thread in a while!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We haven’t had an EDC thread in a while! Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I meant to ask, is that a Les Baer 1911? I have always like 1911s but am by no means educated on them. I love a 1911 with front strap stippling.

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Looks great! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you! I enjoy threads like this - thanks for opening it up!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Hey, indeed it is. This is their UTC (Ultimate Tactical Carry - I’m not a huge fan of that name haha) model. This one was a special-order that I bought gently-used from the original owner. One of the specifications he requested was for no forward cocking serrations to be milled into the slide (and a few other subtle touches).

This one’s become a favorite, for sure!

quote:
I meant to ask, is that a Les Baer 1911? I have always like 1911s but am by no means educated on them. I love a 1911 with front strap stippling.

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Looks great! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you! I enjoy threads like this - thanks for opening it up!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That is sharp! One day I plan to have at least one 1911. I love the wear on it, too.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
@TheFrontRange, that LB 1911 and DelFatti holster, wow nice rig.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post

I also carried the husky and shepherd today but didn’t take their picture

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Love that 43x and wallet, Chowser!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
@TheFrontRange, that LB 1911 and DelFatti holster, wow nice rig.

Thank you!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is sharp! One day I plan to have at least one 1911. I love the wear on it, too.

Thank you! It’s finally starting to show a little wear. Baers have had a reputation for “weak” bluing - I think they may have corrected that haha. This one’s been fired, carried, practiced with, and trained with all a good bit and the finish has held up better than I honestly thought it would!

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Just the basics...guess I should have included my phone in there too, but I used it to take the pic. I put the P320 SC in there because it's what I carry most often when off-duty, just because it's easy...but lately the full-size 1911 has been working it's way in there pretty often, and eventually my "new" P245 will probably see some carry time as well.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
No one carries a resqme? Smile

Chowser: how’s the clip holster? Securely keeps in place? Also any thoughts on reholstering after use? Not really a concern for me, just curious. I was thinking about trying it out.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P239SAS in 357Sig with a W German Holster from mid 1980s. S&W 638 Ankle carry in a Desantis 044BAS1Z0. I have used this holster for years. I always take the ankle rig. Carry the Sig P239, Shield 9, SW457,S&W 3914 and Sig P229 9mm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbliss57,

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This is typical off-duty in warmer weather.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The Rona edition

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The Rona edition

Cardiology III ?

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
MDF ProCardial.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post

Unless I'm working, then I have this instead of the P365.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Why does is look like your first round in the extra mag is in backwards?

quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Only thing missing is my orange Kershaw Leek (which someone in this house stole to open a box). Fenix is going to be replaced by a Streamlight Microstream USB this week once it shows up; pretty excited about that one.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Because it’s an HK. It’s an old joke. In a promotional magazine ad years ago HK had the round in backwards in the mag and it has been a running joke ever since.

quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:

quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Only thing missing is my orange Kershaw Leek (which someone in this house stole to open a box). Fenix is going to be replaced by a Streamlight Microstream USB this week once it shows up; pretty excited about that one.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Because it’s an HK. It’s an old joke. In a promotional magazine ad years ago HK had the round in backwards in the mag and it has been a running joke ever since.

quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:

I’m a man of culture after all.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Here’s mine. I sometimes switch to a Glock 19.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post