SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Colt 1908 back from CCR. New pics in OP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 1908 back from CCR. New pics in OP Login/Join 
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted
Thought I would post a couple pics of my Colt 1908 that I got back from CCR.

Before:

After:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: molachi,

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice! CCR does fine work.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. Is that CPII Dusk? I love that finish.

Do you have any "before" photos?

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
That is Black Cera Hide. I do have some before pics just have to remember where I put them. Will post when I find them.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Niiiiiceeee! Looks brand new.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Niiiiiceeee! Looks brand new.

CCR does work magic when refinishing guns Smile

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If you are not already a Type 03 FFL, I highly recommend it.

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:

What advantage would that give me?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
quote:

I used to have an 03 ffl but let it expire. It allows you to have eligible curio and relic firearms delivered directly to your home without the hassle of tranfers, etc through a local gun store/dealer.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
quote:

I used to have an 03 ffl but let it expire. It allows you to have eligible curio and relic firearms delivered directly to your home without the hassle of tranfers, etc through a local gun store/dealer.

Thanks. I remember reading about the Type 03 FFL several years back but never really thought about getting one. Guess it is worth thinking about.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
While I rarely use it these days it retains its value x10. Visiting a garage sale in a liberal area, loudly asking about FIREARMS, and then stating, "Yes, I'm a federally licensed collector. Firearms? Long rifles? Did Uncle Todd leave a box of old stuff? You're not quite sure what to do with it?"

I always give them plenty of time to get a picture of me, my vehicle, and my license plate. Never ever had an issue.

posted Hide Post
Very nice looking. Congrats

Posts: 6841 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post