SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A drone looks at Virginia Tech in the snow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A drone looks at Virginia Tech in the snow Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
A link for now, as I haven't mastered embedding.

Enjoy. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Thank you...it's amazing how far photography (especially video) has evolved to allow such great sequences to be recorded and shared Smile...that was awesome.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is very cool! How far will your drone fly Vthoky? And stupid me...I never knew what your screen name meant until just now when I typed it out Big Grin

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Yikes! I should have mentioned earlier that the footage is not mine. I certainly can't take credit for that, but thought it was interesting and wanted to share it.

Flying around campus is fairly heavily restricted (FAA regs), so I would imagine the footage linked above was done by "VT official" pilots.

VT has just recently (last spring) opened a drone park for research and recreation. I'd like to go check that out sometime.

One of my coworkers (and neighbors!) is big into drone flight and I'm looking forward to doing some learning soon. I'd love to fly over my own neighborhood and take an overhead look.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Linky = 403 forbidden
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
A link for now, as I haven't mastered embedding.

Enjoy. Cool

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Don't know about anyone else, but I got a 403 at the link. May be dead.

Edit: Of course, one could always Google for the video. I assume this is it.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Xw_IxVPXEss

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's the one. Thank you, BBMW!

I'm not sure what happened to the original link -- others told me today they couldn't reach it as well.

God bless America.