SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Patterson, WA wildfire 07 Sept 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patterson, WA wildfire 07 Sept 20 Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
I shot this wildfire in Patterson, WA from my back deck in Boardman, OR. I am about four miles south of this fire (one of two I could see on the WA side of the Columbia River).

The Indian Doll (power line tower is about 100 yards from my house).

Photo taken from my back deck with Pentax K-1, Sigma 50-500mm lens and tripod. Shot around 8:40 tonight.

Someone should tag Para as he was looking at the K-1 a while back.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Great photo.

I didn't realize how bad it was until I went out to grab some last minute items for dinner around 6:00. Stepped outside and the sky was orange and the smoke was so heavy it looked like fog. Visibility was maybe just over a mile. Really windy here and the fire trucks have been racing around all afternoon and evening.

Stay safe over there, Lizardman. Hope you're getting some decent air quality because it's almost as bad as it was two summers ago here.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Great photo.

I didn't realize how bad it was until I went out to grab some last minute items for dinner around 6:00. Stepped outside and the sky was orange and the smoke was so heavy it looked like fog. Visibility was maybe just over a mile. Really windy here and the fire trucks have been racing around all afternoon and evening.

Stay safe over there, Lizardman. Hope you're getting some decent air quality because it's almost as bad as it was two summers ago here.

Air quality after about 8:00 pm started to clear up. The air had dust, smoke, and ash in it all day. The dust was blowing across the road like a dry powdery snow when I drove to and from Hermiston for an appointment (wound care).

Visibility was about 1/4 mile yesterday until the very early evening.

Today the wind had died down and I can see for miles.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we got a fair amount of ash blowing around here as well. This morning when I went to take the trash bin out to the curb, I noticed a little chunk of charred wood sitting on top of the recycling bin. Bizarre.

Definitely seems better today. Hopefully they're getting a handle on all the little brush fires that are popping up.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post