SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A long time ago
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A long time ago Login/Join 
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool~ Smile

I was in my first year of college back in St. Louis.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW... that was a nice PICTURE!! Not to mention that I live right outside of Sulphur, Louisiana. Do you live somewhere near by Para? If so then we need to hook up and go release some energy at the range.

Mace

Posts: 34 | Location: Benton | Registered: October 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I lived in Lake Charles but I left there in early 1986.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nsagnell
posted Hide Post
I was just a twinkle in my parents' eyes. Fine picture, fine rifle.

--------------------------------
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Posts: 1774 | Location: Miami | Registered: June 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my Browning bda .380 NIB, moved into my new house, my wife was pregnant with my 2nd son, and I sold my CR250 Elsinore.

Posts: 289 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: September 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rode hard
Put away wet
Picture of horse
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's about six months after my parents got engaged. I don't think I was even a concept.

Oh you were a concept allright,just not a reality Big Grin

"there are no problems..they are merely "opportunities"

Posts: 7820 | Registered: August 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
1984 was a bad year for me. I was carjacked on Jan 4th and got shot in the back. It left me paralyzed from the chest down. I was 19 at the time. I spent most of 84 in the hospital and rehab unit. It was pretty difficult time for my family. This was what first got me interested in guns. I was always into sports and target shooting was something I could do to compete with friends. I had never been interested in guns until then. Just about everyone I knew at the time bought guns because of what happened to me.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigCat
posted Hide Post
Hmmm..... 1984. Doing alot of shooting with my Ruger Redhawk .357 Magnum, and deer hunting alot with my hand-me-down lever action 300 Savage. Those were the days!

Smoke'm if you got'm...
SigCat

Sig P229R DAK .357 and Sig P229 SAS .40

I want Bourbon, I want Scotch, I want Beer; One Bourbon... One Scotch... One Beer.....

Posts: 523 | Location: Colorado Rocky Mountains, USA | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motor
posted Hide Post
I do so regret handing my 300 Savage over to my cousin. I havent been in contact with them since and dont want to ask for it back. Frown

SIGforum's Resident Vegan

Posts: 1756 | Location: 48 45'31.14"N 122 29'18.89"W | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
leesville has grown up a good bit since ya'll were around...do ya'll know the perkins family?

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
I was a year and a half away from buying my first SIG when that picture was taken. Tyson's Corner P226.

Posts: 10026 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnimalMother88
posted Hide Post
I wasn't even concieved. Smile

Posts: 1338 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
I shot my first M1A in 1984. Couldn't hit a damn thing, but it sure was fun. I was 16.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8785 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1984, spent the summer fishing the Trinity River (Big Muddy) in East Texas, week long campouts, listening to Van Halen's newest.... mom was never concerned, unlike today!

I was 14 at the time and lost my virginity a couple of months later... Of course these days she would have gone to jail, she was 18.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon McHenry
Austin, TX
USN Rescue Swimmers - "So Others May Live"
"Say goodbye to the sun gentlemen"

Posts: 66 | Location: Austin, Tx. | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Van Halen deteriorated after the David Lee Roth split. Remember the "Jump" video? DLR is the showman Van Halen needed.

Oh, and she only does the time if YOU drop the dime. Wink

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LeMat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lunde:
I spent nearly all of 1984 at DLI-FLC (Defense Langiage Institute, Foreign Language Center) in Monterey, California studying Russian in the intensive forty-seven week course.

Good Lord! I spent almost all of 1989 doing the same exact thing in the same exact place! Cool

"Those who know how to build their own homes, grow their own food, hunt and slaughter animals for meat, and have a healthy balance of hope and cynicism for humanity will be the ones left at the end, not some 350 pound fatass with a cache of AR's."

Posts: 494 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LeMat:
quote:
Originally posted by lunde:
I spent nearly all of 1984 at DLI-FLC (Defense Langiage Institute, Foreign Language Center) in Monterey, California studying Russian in the intensive forty-seven week course.

Good Lord! I spent almost all of 1989 doing the same exact thing in the same exact place! Cool

in 1984 I was at VCU,
had an AR and a M1A, just got my first handgun, and sent off my form 4 at the end of the year for my first NFA (M-11 in 9mm)

also got to see Elvis Costello back to back nights , once in Hampton, next night in DC,

overall not a bad year,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
World Traveler
Picture of codemaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frankinaug:
In 1984 I turned 1.

Me too.

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move."

Posts: 6416 | Location: Herding aircraft in Jordan. | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toastycoasty
posted Hide Post
nice pic para...1984...wow i was born early that feb. i think the better half of my gene pool ended up as a brown stain on the mattress...
ive gotten into photography a little bit, and ive got some nice action stills. been trying to get one with the cartridge ejecting from the reciever like that, but never comes out right. i suck. u rock. theres not even any blur.

w.german p220,sig.p220, mossberg 500a, s&w99, glock19,17 too many to list.

Posts: 361 | Location: south texan, stuck in cocoa florida | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the real Army and was very much in the middle of the Cold War. I wore a very issue 1911A1 and commanded a platoon of m60A1 tanks. I did border duty on the Czech border and watched them dudes with some very large 14.7 mm machineguns watch me. I actually ended up wtih am NCO that got lost and had a truck shot out from under him. he still has the scars if he is still around.

UBIQUE PATRIUM REMINISCI

Posts: 2 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post