SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A long time ago
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A long time ago Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
84..hmmm failed out of Hobart College freshman year, skied too much at Bristol and Toggenburg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of txpete
posted Hide Post
1984 on orders heading back to germany again.
pete

Posts: 5033 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In '84 I was living in Houston, in the Heights. I hated Houston. I was making a good living there, though.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Junior in HS 1984.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FIREMANERIC
posted Hide Post
1984 I was 9, cruising the nieghborhood streets on my Torker bmx bike and playing backyard baseball all summer long. What great times those were.....

Posts: 178 | Location: Springfield/Republic MO | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
in 1984 I was at VCU,
had an AR and a M1A, just got my first handgun, and sent off my form 4 at the end of the year for my first NFA (M-11 in 9mm)

also got to see Elvis Costello back to back nights , once in Hampton, next night in DC,

overall not a bad year,

Neither of my kids were born in 1984. I was 32, and my wife and I still lived in Honolulu.

My youngest is a currently a Sophomore at VCU...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScubaSig
posted Hide Post
In July of '84 I was 25 had been married for one year and hating it, good thing I got out of it as soon as I could Smile

Posts: 723 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing it!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I came across an old Kodachrome slide of a friend of mine shooting my then brand new SA, Inc M1A. This rifle was a special from Springfield, with a NM barrel, NM front sight, and the action was bedded into a GI stock. The rifle also came with an SA, Inc scope mount that I never got around to using. Purchased for 400 bucks and change, which was a lot of money to me back then.

The time came when I had to sell something to get a new car, and the rifle went. I've since replaced it, but if anyone comes across serial number 025029, it used to be mine.

Shooting alongside of train tracks outside of Sulphur, Louisiana. The box of slides is marked July 1984.
Kodachrome 64, Nikon FE, AI Nikkor 50mm 1.8, 1/500th second @ f3.5. Those were the days.

Posts: 63 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
Para...

Did you by chance go to Lake Charles High School?
Yes, I did.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Para...

Yes, I did.

My old girlfriend was from Lake Charles, don't know where she went to high school she came over here to go to LSU. Her name was Karen Conn.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Posted 26-02-10, 14:15 Hide Post
Small world... I did too... a LONG time ago..

Dad was at Chennault AFB... got transferred my Junior year... did three years at LCHS... would have been class of 64 had I stayed there. Also was at Central School for a couple of years.

From what I understand it was later merged with Boston to achieve some sort of social engineering goal.. and I'm not even sure it is still open...

After that on to LSU... fraternities can be distracting... Big Grin And New Orleans close at hand.

FWIW

Chuck

quote:
quote:
Para...

Yes, I did.

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Name is somewhat familiar... what years was she there?

Maybe ran across her at LSU?

Chuck

quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
quote:
Para...

Yes, I did.

My old girlfriend was from Lake Charles, don't know where she went to high school she came over here to go to LSU. Her name was Karen Conn.

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I don't really know how old she would be probably in early 50's maybe.
She was in Criminal Justice at LSU and went to work at the Sheriff's Office in Baton Rouge

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she was 10-15 years older than me... maybe the name is familiar because of family in Lake Charles...

One thing sure... I had a GREAT time at LSU Cool

Chuck

quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I don't really know how old she would be probably in early 50's maybe.
She was in Criminal Justice at LSU and went to work at the Sheriff's Office in Baton Rouge

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Banned
posted Hide Post
I wasnt to be born for another 3 years... hate to make you folks feel old..

Posts: 450 | Location: Fairbanks, ak | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Pautler
posted Hide Post
1984... I was busy ruining my liver and losing brain cells in the fraternity house. That was also the year we got cocky and told the Dean of Students that she needed to "prove it, asshole" when accused of something they couldn't .... prove.

"Don't screw up my good story with your stupid facts!"

Posts: 22 | Location: Hill Country, Texas | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Man, 1984. I was 10. I was having the time of my life in Dunedin, Florida (near Tampa). It was right before we moved about an hour or so north. I still consider the Tampa/St Pete area as "home."

A great picture and I think it's cool how it makes us all "remember when." Well, those of us that were alive anyway!

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kv4v
posted Hide Post
Man, only 26 years ago.I was only 54 years old that year. Worked 5 days a week then. Now only 80 years old and work 6 days a week. Time flies when you are having fun. Bob

Posts: 192 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1984 I lived in Houston (still do)and worked Downtown off of Houston Avenue at Washington Avenue at a place called Trade-Rite Appliance.
I was 27.
I sold things like Sub Zero and Theramore Ovens and Zenith, Mitsubishi and Sony TVs.
The Shuttle Craft was a real BIG deal here due to NASA.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
1984. I was a year old. I did not even know what a "gun" was.

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post