SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    How well Pentax shake reduction works.

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How well Pentax shake reduction works. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
I am pretty happy: 300mm lens handheld on full frame K-1ii.

“One of the great ironies of our age is that we have somehow managed to become far more sanctimonious than previous generations—and yet far more immoral by traditional standards as well. We can obsess over an unartful presidential comment, but snore through the systematic destruction of the manufacturing basis of an entire state or ignore warlike violence on the streets of Chicago.”
— Victor Davis Hanson, The Case for Trump 274

Posts: 40313 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I took this with my 70-300 Nikkor lens on my Nikon D5300 handheld at 300mm. I took a string of about 15 shots or so and just picked the best one.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 8033 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
picked the best one.

Excellent!

“One of the great ironies of our age is that we have somehow managed to become far more sanctimonious than previous generations—and yet far more immoral by traditional standards as well. We can obsess over an unartful presidential comment, but snore through the systematic destruction of the manufacturing basis of an entire state or ignore warlike violence on the streets of Chicago.”

Posts: 40313 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
picked the best one.

Excellent!

Your shot is good as well. Nikon has 2 continuous modes with one depression of the shutter button. One is slow and the other fast. I use the fast for shots like this. It sounds like an M60 machine gun. Big Grin It takes about 15-20 shots in about 2 seconds and there will be a few good clear and steady shots in the string. A very handy and useful feature.

The Pentax K-1 is an excellent camera and I'm sure it must have a similar feature. A member here is a pro (Lizardman I think) and has the K-1 and has posted some stunning shots.

Here is another one using the same method at 300mm.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 8033 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks; the Pentax has a continuous mode, and I'll keep that in mind.