SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A wild Corn Snake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A wild Corn Snake Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
The end of reptile season (except for turtles) is fast approaching at Alligator River NWR. But not before I came across this beauty:

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous snake. Your pictures really show off the colors.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
GREAT SHOTS!

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Magnificent...what spectacular colors! Nice job with the pics!

In all the years I lived in that part of the country I came across plenty of Copperheads, Black Snakes, and Garter snakes...but never a Corn snake.

Looks like a real bad-ass.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that pic of him on your wrist needs to be on a t-shirt,

or the hood of a "77" hot rod

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
This was the first wild corn snake I've ever come across, and saw it not 10 minutes after telling my wife that I'd like to see a corn snake.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
This was the first wild corn snake I've ever come across, and saw it not 10 minutes after telling my wife that I'd like to see a corn snake.

How cool is that! Your new forum name will be 'Dances with Corn snake'.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Great pic's what a beautiful snake.
Did it pee on you?I have learned not to pick up those darn garter ones,man that stuff is rank

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
In my excitement, I made some mistakes with this one. I picked it up as soon as I saw it and it musked my arm, leg and shirt. I also got five bites: two on the left had, one on the face (right cheek), one on left knee and one on the left lower leg.

The musking was the worst I've ever gotten. My wife made me stop at a rest stop on Roanoke Island and wash up and change my shirt, then still had to ride home with the windows down. She made me strip in the garage when I got home. I could still smell it on my hands the next day.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow! That’s a GREAT looking snake! I wouldn’t have picked it up but good on ya man. That pic is incredible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking about it, I think this may be the first picture that you posted of an animal that wont mess someones day up!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
your version of messing up a day is different than mine Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful snake!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
In my excitement, I made some mistakes with this one. I picked it up as soon as I saw it and it musked my arm, leg and shirt. I also got five bites: two on the left had, one on the face (right cheek), one on left knee and one on the left lower leg.

A reliving of some wild teenage romances or some time with a corn snake??? Confused Wink

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great pics of a beautiful animal.

I could never do that. I fear snakes and I know it is due to my ignorance, but I fear them.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That is a really cool picture of you holding him!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
That is a really cool picture of you holding him!

Thanks. It was a strong snake. It had a really, really tight grip on my hand. I've held lots of snakes, including lots bigger black rat snakes. This corn snake put a squeeze on my wrist unlike any other.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Great color, looks like it shed recently.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
your version of messing up a day is different than mine Smile

This one is non-poisonous. So it pee'd on him a little... Nothing soap and water won't fix. You probably have one or two somewhere near your place now looking for a warm spot for the winter.

He's usually posting pictures of water moccasins, alligators, cane break rattlesnakes, big old bears about 10 feet away...
Between him and Pullicords, those are two people I'm not going for a hike in the woods with! Big Grin

I swear those two are in competition to run across animals that will just jack your day all up! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post