SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A wild Corn Snake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A wild Corn Snake Login/Join 
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pictures ..... very vivid. Thanks for sharing. Pickle Rick

Posts: 2861 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
When it comes to snakes I'm like Indiana Jones, but those are great pictures. Incredible color.

I chuckled at your description of the wrist pic. Like it thought, "OK. You want to pick me up? Lets dance."

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Beautiful snake, and a prolific rodent eater. Here is a baby from a year or two ago, rescued from under a bucket in the driveway.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Beautiful snake and photos. But doesn't that look like a viper-shaped head?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But doesn't that look like a viper-shaped head?

initially , I thought the same thing.

so I spent 25 min. searching on y.t. and google images.

I can't find a thing that looks like his snake with a corn snake title attached to it.

either with that head shape or those markings.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
your version of messing up a day is different than mine Smile

This one is non-poisonous. So it pee'd on him a little... Nothing soap and water won't fix. You probably have one or two somewhere near your place now looking for a warm spot for the winter.

He's usually posting pictures of water moccasins, alligators, cane break rattlesnakes, big old bears about 10 feet away...
Between him and Pullicords, those are two people I'm not going for a hike in the woods with! Big Grin

I swear those two are in competition to run across animals that will just jack your day all up! Wink

Thanks CPD Sig, but I haven't seen any snakes here that compare in coloration to those beautiful Cornsnakes! I wish I did and had the ability to take such gorgeous pics as Micropterus!!!

I've seen a lot of Long-nose snakes here in Arizona, but so far haven't had the pleasure of encountering what I think are the best this state has to offer: Mountain Kingsnakes and the Blacktailed Rattlesnake. I know the later are local though, since my step-son took this pic of one nearby just last year!

Blacktailed Rattlesnake (pic taken by my step-son)

Long-nosed snake (pic taken by me):

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Beautiful snake and photos. But doesn't that look like a viper-shaped head?

The first and next to last pic show a less agitated subject. The snake was trying to mimic the spear shape. Closer look also reveals round pupils instead of "cat's eye" shaped pupils (another non-venomous indictor most times).

I often wondered how people were so quick to say good/bad with a quick glance. This site helped me sort things out.

Still best to leave alone unless you know how to handle. Most medical insurance won't cover of they feel you were instigating. Anti-venom gets expensive quick (think new car 30K pricing)....

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Ok so I'm not a snake guy. But at what point did you think you would be bit and when was that in relation to you taking pictures of it on your arm?

I'm thinking based on the number of bites, you got bit and then fiddled with it, so to speak.

I'm in the shoot it or leave it alone camp on this one, but I'm no snake guy.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great shot on the wrist, really shows the scales well. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Ok so I'm not a snake guy. But at what point did you think you would be bit and when was that in relation to you taking pictures of it on your arm?

I reached my left hand over my right hand to put my camera in the bed of my truck and in doing so I drew my right arm closer and it struck a bit me on the right cheek.

The other bites were when I first picked it up and it was spastically lashing out.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What gearhounds has is a juvenile eastern milk snake I think. Very nice corn snake shots - I always love finding those in the wild

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Incredible Pics!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Beautiful snake, and a prolific rodent eater. Here is a baby from a year or two ago, rescued from under a bucket in the driveway.
Now this is my siza snakey.. Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
You are dedicated. I hope your subject was able to calm down a bit by the end.
Having said that, I'm now burning my my monitor.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Awesome pics. Those suckers are fast.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Great pics and it's nice to know there are people who know enough to not kill every snake they see.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post