SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Homemade Dirty Harry inspired presentation box for S&W model 29-2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homemade Dirty Harry inspired presentation box for S&W model 29-2 Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
I was able to get the wood scraps from my job, had the urethane and stain, hardware was under ten dollars and Dirty Harry items were about fifteen on eBay. Revolver is 1964-65 produced with original “coke bottle” grips. What do you guys think of the box for a total of atound $25?
I also made 2 1/2 minute YouTube video about it if anyone’s interested. https://youtu.be/gczGY5nOc4Y

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome. Great job!

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Nice!!!!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
on your next one if you assemble the box as one complete enclosed piece and then take a table saw and cut it in half just leaving an onion skin thickness to keep it from pinching the blade it will line up perfectly and the grain will all match. Nice Job !

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Brilliant idea, very nice work

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
That's impressive. Very cool.

In Magnum Force, Hal Holbrook makes Clint Eastwood throw his ammo out the car window, and he states that he always carries three speedloaders. I think you need one more in there! Big Grin

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Amazing

Posts: 6343 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't remember, did Clint use speed loaders?

Posts: 20066 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I don't remember, did Clint use speed loaders?

He sure did, they didn’t really show him doing that until Magnum Force though. There was also some great shots of Colt Pythons in that one.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone, it was a fun project.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Nice, very clever!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I hate to pick nits, but you are short a speed loader. Harry always carried three.

Edit- I see LCS beat me to it. Cool

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Oh gawd, now you've gone and done it. Now I'm going to have to buy another 6" model 29 to replace the 4" one I sold a while back. And speed loaders. Cool

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post