SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    My 2014 Honda Goldwing F6B with new accessories
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2014 Honda Goldwing F6B with new accessories Login/Join 
posted
Here is a quick picture of my new ride. It's a 2014 Honda Goldwing F6B. Only 1340 miles on it when I picked it up. It is sure is fun to ride. I put about 150 miles on it today.

I have made a few modifications to my new bike. Mustang seat, LED headlights, Klock Works Flare Windshield, kuryakyn floorboards and highway Pegs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jcolbert,

Posts: 691 | Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: June 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Never been a huge fan of the Gold Wing (just on looks, I know they've always been a great ride), but that is a good looking bike!

I think part of it is that you only have the two bags and not that giant cabinet behind the pillion.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 10736 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 348 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Never been a huge fan of the Gold Wing (just on looks, I know they've always been a great ride), but that is a good looking bike!

I think part of it is that you only have the two bags and not that giant cabinet behind the pillion.

The giant cabinet is ugly as hell, but man they are so convenient if you're using the bike for touring or commuting.

I have OEM hard bags/panniers for my BMW R1200RS, and I never use them. I want to sell them and pick up the OEM trunk or "cabinet".

For holding my work documents, suit jacket, CCW pistol when I can't carry it, etc. the trunk is the perfect spot.

I had a K1600GTL loaner bike from my BMW dealer recently, and quickly came to love the trunk.

On bikes like the Wing and my BMW, the OEM trunks easily snap on/off the bike. The big BMW K1600 trunk had LED lighting, and twin gas shocks, like the hood of a nice car. Fully carpeted interior, too.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2503 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet ride.

More pics and details please Smile

Posts: 433 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice ride, well done!

Posts: 9185 | Location: Carolina but Texas in my mind | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Buddy traded his road glide on one and likes it his is two tone grey

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 9867 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a HD man, but that said yours is one of the sharpest looking 'Wings I've seen.
All you need now is a little bug splatter on the windscreen... Big Grin

Posts: 53 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I've admired these since Honda put them on the market.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 9446 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why I stumbled in here since I've never liked the look of the old Goldwings- But that's a really nice looking bike. I would never of known it was a Goldwing by looking at it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 9864 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I started using the OEM hard bags for my R1200RS.

Soooo convenient, especially with the inner soft bags.

I got tired of riding to work, stuffing my work documents and a change of street clothes into a backpack, and muling that crap around on my back. Especially when I had a new set of BMW hard bags sitting at home, it just seems stupid... but I did it that way for a year.

Now the work stuff in one back, clothes in the other, I have a place to put my CCW weapon when I can't carry (not ideal but the bags lock and it beats no gun at all), and thus far lane splitting hasn't been any more difficult for me.

I can see the backpack route for someone who commutes from home to one workplace and back again, but I'm going to courthouses all over SoCal, sometimes more than one, then office, then hang out with friends, then home, with stops for lunch, gas, errands, etc. mixed in. On, off the bike all the time, and having to carry that stupid backpack around.

Best of all, I can fold and stash my suit jacket, rather than wear the full suit with a motorcycle jacket over it. That's bulky, and gets hot as hell in temps over 70F or so (ie most of the time here)

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2503 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoghunter
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
FRIGGIN HAWT!!!!!

Posts: 4110 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Dang. That's gorgeous. I bet the miles just tick away riding that.

Does anything not look better blacked out?

Posts: 5281 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You guys and the motorcycles.

I had one years ago, and loved it. You keep tempting me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 42475 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
You guys and the motorcycles.

I had one years ago, and loved it. You keep tempting me.

C'mon over to the Dark Side, ya old fart. Razz Big Grin

Posts: 8557 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
Your new ride looks very sleek. Nice ride! Big Grin

Change of Plans...

Posts: 261 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

C'mon over to the Dark Side, ya old fart. Razz Big Grin

My free time is pretty well taken up with other activities. But still . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 42475 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bendable
posted Hide Post
very nice looking ride
now , a dash cam

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 43169 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Amazing find! I'd love to have one of those in the stable next to my LC R1200GS Adv.

Then I could keep knobbies on it....lol.

Enjoy. I bet the ride report is phenomenal. I took my step-dad's '06 wing out for a new year's day ride in the boise, ID area several years back. Never got cold. Plenty of power, and a real smooth ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagon, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.GreatLandMissions.org
www.GLVS.org

Posts: 12253 | Location: On the Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New updated pictures and a few modifications to my new bike. Mustang seat, LED headlights, Klock Works Flare Windshield, kuryakyn floorboards and highway Pegs.

Posts: 691 | Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: June 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post