SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Post your pics of your steel....no polymer, aluminum, just all steel guns...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your pics of your steel....no polymer, aluminum, just all steel guns... Login/Join 
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Certainly some nice stuff posted so far...

Here are a few of mine...

First, a SIG M49 that belonged to the Danish army, likely made in the early 1950s...

Then there is the new SIG 210 made in the U.S. 'Standard Target' model...

This P210 came from the Swiss Army...

Another old gun I like a lot is this Styer M1912 made in 1914...

This Colt's model of 1905 45 rimless smokeless is one of my fav pistols...

Finally, this Colt's government model is an early one... likely late 1912 or early 1913... first year of commercial production for the government mode, which was simply a commercial 1911.

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only steel handguns currently

and my Boom Stick

love the old Police Magnums

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My German steel:

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Great photo, Z06!

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Picked up this classic "Hardball" conversion by Clark at a local gunshow not long ago.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Some things might not be "practical" in today's world of polymer, but I still appreciate well designed and executed examples of working steel:

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
One thing I like about old school pistols like those of the 1911 design, is that they can be personalized with nice wood grips. My Nighthawk Custom T-3 with stocks from Griff's Grips:

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Colt Python (Factory 3" barrel) with custom stocks of ebony by Fuzzy Farrant. Definitely "Old School."

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Last pic is my Ruger Bisley Superblackhawk with some real nice French Walnut stocks by Roy Fishpaw.

Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post

You want steel, how about 2.5 pounds of .45 Auto? S&W 4505

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Colt Government accurized by James Clark back in the '60s.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
CZ Tactical Sports Orange.

CZ Shadow 2.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
An old (style) and new 45. Both all steel except for the stocks.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Picked up this classic "Hardball" conversion by Clark at a local gunshow not long ago.

I will gladly shoot this for you sir, OK? Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Finally got here!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
First revolver, bought in 1975 from Kmart for a canoe fishing kit gun. Had Uncle Mike's holster.
$57.97

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post