SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Fighting Shotguns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fighting Shotguns Login/Join 
Picture of JSW
posted
Let’s see your military, police, and self-defense shotguns.

1996 Remington 870 built by Scattergun Technologies (Nashville, TN).

1980 Mossberg 500ATP used by the Austin TX Police Department.

1972 Remington 870 used by the Ohio National Guard.

1971 Remington 870 used by the Ohio National Guard.

1970 High Standard K-120 used by the Cook County Illinois Sheriff’s Department.

1966 Ithaca 37 D.S. Police Special used by the Los Angeles Police Department.

1934 Winchester 97 (solid frame), this one doesn’t have any police/military markings, but is all original and shipped as shown.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JSW,

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Nice little collection. I just picked up a Mossberg 500 ATP8.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Nice collection JSW!!! I've got a lot of sporting shotguns for shooting clays and hunting, but just two that are applicable to "social issues":

A Beretta 1301 Comp (Favorite):

And my "Classic" Benelli M1 Super 90:

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Beretta 1201FP (Benelli M1 copy)

Remington 870

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Nice shotguns guys! Thanks for posting.

4859 – My Mossberg is a 500ATP8 also. That looks like some nice wood on yours. Is that curly maple?

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSW:
Nice shotguns guys! Thanks for posting.

4859 – My Mossberg is a 500ATP8 also. That looks like some nice wood on yours. Is that curly maple?

I don't know. It is nice.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Remington 870 (W/C Border Patrol)

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
870 Wingmaster made in the 70's and from the Arkansas Police I believe.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Impressive collection JSW.

I only have 1 shotgun left, my 870 Marine Magnum that I bought back in the early 90's. It still looks almost brand new almost 30 years later; this pic is about 15 years ago but it still looks the same.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
My current setup.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Ported Remington 1100. Shell-cuff from Barranti Leather.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos and comments. Some nice shotguns so far.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
No Shockwave pics. I've an 870 and Model 37 with no pics Frown
Though they mostly fought deer. Smile

The really crappy dim basement pic of the Moss 500 and the medium wrench.

SBE all purpose fighter of steel plates, turkey and any other vermin should the need arise.

SuperNova

M2's

One of them lives elsewhere now and I regret it. lol Replaced with a long barreled SBE2 for various hunting tasks.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Mossberg 590A1 20" 8+1

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
On the left is my oldest shotgun, an 1100 12ga, ported barrel with rifle sights. I used to shoot IPSC/3-gun stuff with this gun, but it hasn't been out of the safe very much lately.
On the right is my 870 12ga with a synthetic Speedfeed stock. This is my go-to when I feel like having something bigger than a pistol next to the bed.
In the middle is the baby, a 20ga Shockwave. Still not really sure why I bought this one. I may put a sidesaddle on it, but it really needs a light and laser to be useful as an HD gun.

Crappy cell phone photo, sorry for the quality. Both of the longer guns have Choate magazine extensions.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Mossberg 590A1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
870 Police Magnum SBS. Factory 14.5” barrel.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Some nice shotguns posted. As expected, a lot of Remington 870 and Mossberg fans.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post