SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Daughter's first shoot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter's first shoot Login/Join 
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted
My daughter and I 'distanced' ourselves this last weekend by heading into the desert for her first shooting experience. She made me proud! She shot 120 rounds and loved every minute of it.

Ruger Single Six. Ummm... Sweetie, let's talk about your stance.

Her Great Grandfather's 1955 (ish) Marlin 80c.

We spent a lot of time cleaning up this shooting spot afterwards. Wish people didn't suck and would pick up their own trash.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Quality time

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great time! I started my boys off early and now in their mid & late twenties they are still hunters and shooters.
Nothing like going out to shoot some cans with your kids!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great day! Good on you Dad for her introduction to firearms and safety at that age. I remember getting my first .22LR from my Grandmother at 8yrs and learning firearm safety from my military Father.

At that time in 1960, I sure don't remember any girls having a fondness for firearms. So my kudos to the both of you! Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
every 1st timer ,female that I've ever seen wants to get as far away from that gun as they can .

Big Grin

great pic's thanks for sharing.

Too many instructions on the first three trips takes the fun out of it , one or two tips per session will keep them want for more range time

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HHHaaha. Thrust your hips forward and lean back. That is precious.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Quality time spent together. Looks like she was enjoying herself.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Great pix and story phxtoad! That brought back VERY fond memories of my trips with my daughter to the outdoor range in WA. She loved shooting the scoped Ruger 77/22 @ 100 yards and my Colt Frontier Scout 22.

She will turn 46 in December. I hope her two boys will follow in their mother's footsteps.

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Great to see.

Pretty common stance for a novice, especially a kid.
Nothing some training from Dad won't fix.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16510 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a good quality time day with your daughter.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I get into trouble with my daughter now if I don't take her.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post