SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Post your project car and plans
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your project car and plans Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Need to get the AC working - R12 and think I will keep it that way.

Can you still even still find R12 ... 134A is an easy conversion and much cheaper ...

Lots on eBay for about $30 a can. Not bad really.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I haven't looked for any and didn't realize there was any quantity still around I've still got 1 can that I probably gave $1.30 for but of course it's not enough to do anything with ... When it hit $85 years ago and 134A was priced at what R12 used to be ($1 - $2 per can) I lost interest in it, but I'll mention it to a buddy that's restoring a 69 Chevelle as he might be interested in it too.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Not mine, but a friend is building a Kmiata, Miata with a 300hp Acura TSX motor:

Looks like a ton of fun.
The new LFX (V6 Camaro/CTS) swaps are looking good as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I haven't looked for any and didn't realize there was any quantity still around I've still got 1 can that I probably gave $1.30 for but of course it's not enough to do anything with ... When it hit $85 years ago and 134A was priced at what R12 used to be ($1 - $2 per can) I lost interest in it, but I'll mention it to a buddy that's restoring a 69 Chevelle as he might be interested in it too.

Great Karma! I'll need a van when I finish this motor swap.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiber optic
posted Hide Post

I've owned this guy since I was 15 (I'm 37 now). It's had a few different motors in that time. The latest is a 2.0L I put together myself and most recently converted to fuel injection.

Here's it running for the first time with the injection and distributorless ignition.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhxZjRx9qx4

Still working on adjusting the tune. I'm going to do different wheels (Porsche Gas Burner replicas), tires, and I'll probably redo the interior (horrible 90s vibe).

Learn and love and to do
What it takes to step through

Posts: 1385 | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
'82 Ramcharger. Plans aren't concrete, but the next step is to get the steering tightened up and do some things like window seals and sealing up the rust.

I'd like to get it running strong enough to do some trails and offroading.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New tires and some brake work. Not much else needed on this 1979 L82 4 speed. Car only has 21000 miles on it.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
http://imgur.com/a/ULoBu

Had this one since 1986, a body shell when I started out. The last year Pontiac made a "real" 2+2 in the U.S.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post