SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Let's see some bird guns!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see some bird guns! Login/Join 
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted
Just picked up my new (to me) pheasant gun - a Benelli Super Black Eagle II 1 of 1000 World Class Limited Edition, 3.5" 12 Gauge Super Magnum (say that five times fast). I practically stole the thing, I'm almost ashamed of what I paid for it. Got to shoot some clays with it yesterday and I'm absolutely lethal with it - the doves and pheasants are going to have a rough season this year. Anyway, what do you shoot birds and waterfowl with? Let's see it!

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
That SBE is a beauty, very nice enjoy it.

Here's a few of ours, my sons and I really love to bird hunt, and we use 12's, 20's and for the past few seasons I've really come to enjoy a little 28ga.

We shot some sporting clays yesterday and had a blast, great fun for the off season.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Pretty! I love the double guns, but I'm really digging the BPS in the first picture.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
Pretty! I love the double guns, but I'm really digging the BPS in the first picture.

That BPS is a gorgeous gun and shoots very well. It fits me perfectly and it's such a pleasure to shoot.
The only issue with it is it's all steel receiver built like a Panzer tank and it's a little heavy to be dragging around the woods for an entire day. Great gun but compared to a trim little 20 gauge side-by-side or my 28 it's a bit heavy.
My son has a 20 gauge BPS which is the Upland model with a straight English stock and a short barrel. Now that gun is on absolute pleasure in the woods.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Received this 20 ga. 686 Silver Pigeon I as a late Christmas gift from my wife and kids. Have only killed skeet with it so far but it's a joy to shoot.

For larger birds I use a Beretta 391 and I gave our oldest a lefty A400 pictured below with a turkey from earlier in the spring.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Received this 20 ga. 686 Silver Pigeon I as a late Christmas gift from my wife and kids. Have only killed skeet with it so far but it's a joy to shoot.

A Beretta 20 O/U like that one is about the only gun on my want list that I actually have a use for. The others are pure "just because" guns. I'd shoot a bunch of doves with a 20 like that, though. Nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:

A Beretta 20 O/U like that one is about the only gun on my want list that I actually have a use for. The others are pure "just because" guns. I'd shoot a bunch of doves with a 20 like that, though. Nice.
-----------------------------------------------
It had been on my list for a while. It's a great shooter and points very naturally in my opinion. I handled it and a Citori before making my overt hint to the family for suggested Christmas gifts Smile

Plus, 20 ga. shells run right around $50/case making it a pleasure to shoot on the shoulder and wallet.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Looking good!

Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
How about birds on guns?

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A.H. Fox 20 gauge:

Grulla 216RL 16 gauge:

Beretta S3 12 gauge:

Caywood English Fowler 12 gauge:

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
^^^^ you should post more. Smile

That fox is lovely.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous pics!

Michael

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Auto 5's so here's a few old Belgian guns.
1967 Sweet Sixteen. Barrel looks really long but its 28"

1965 Light Twenty on top. 1967 Sweet Sixteen in the middle. And a 1967 Light Twelve on the bottom. The 20 is really the cherry. It is about as mint an A5 as I've ever seen. I need to take some better pictures of it.

And here's my quail gun, a Spanish (Zabala) 20 ga SxS. Laser engraving, but it has a great piece of walnut. I got it from my parents for college graduation. At some point I plan to have it stripped and satin finished, maybe even converted to a straight english grip.

And another Spanish beauty... An AyA 12 ga that is actually my father's gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Browning A5 Light 12....my 13th Birthday present from my dad. I am 39 now...still hits em' hard.

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
A.H. Fox 20 gauge:

You bastard.

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what I was hoping for, thank you guys.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My "go to" bird gun is a 28" Beretta Silver Pigeon V in 28 gauge. I've shot Mourning doves, whitewings, and Eurasian collared doves, pheasant, and quail with it locally, about a couple thousand doves and 500 pigeons with it in Argentina, and spent a day shooting guinea fowl, Francolin, and (shown here) rednecked spurfowl with it in Tanzania after taking the big game I was hunting for on a safari a few years ago. Oh, yea! It also did a decent job taking out a black mamba that was found to be too close to an anti-poaching camp!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
CZ Ringneck 12ga.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Beautiful guns guys, I'm really lusting after that AyA and the A.H Fox.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
One of my Beretta 28 gauges. My favorite shotgun to hunt almost everything.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post