SIGforum
Let's see some bird guns!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/1810015324

April 29, 2017, 11:29 PM
Killer Instincts
Let's see some bird guns!
Just picked up my new (to me) pheasant gun - a Benelli Super Black Eagle II 1 of 1000 World Class Limited Edition, 3.5" 12 Gauge Super Magnum (say that five times fast). I practically stole the thing, I'm almost ashamed of what I paid for it. Got to shoot some clays with it yesterday and I'm absolutely lethal with it - the doves and pheasants are going to have a rough season this year. Anyway, what do you shoot birds and waterfowl with? Let's see it!

April 30, 2017, 06:25 AM
GCE61
That SBE is a beauty, very nice enjoy it.

Here's a few of ours, my sons and I really love to bird hunt, and we use 12's, 20's and for the past few seasons I've really come to enjoy a little 28ga.

We shot some sporting clays yesterday and had a blast, great fun for the off season.

April 30, 2017, 12:21 PM
Killer Instincts
Pretty! I love the double guns, but I'm really digging the BPS in the first picture.

April 30, 2017, 07:30 PM
GCE61
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
Pretty! I love the double guns, but I'm really digging the BPS in the first picture.

That BPS is a gorgeous gun and shoots very well. It fits me perfectly and it's such a pleasure to shoot.
The only issue with it is it's all steel receiver built like a Panzer tank and it's a little heavy to be dragging around the woods for an entire day. Great gun but compared to a trim little 20 gauge side-by-side or my 28 it's a bit heavy.
My son has a 20 gauge BPS which is the Upland model with a straight English stock and a short barrel. Now that gun is on absolute pleasure in the woods.
May 01, 2017, 09:23 PM
mdblanton
Received this 20 ga. 686 Silver Pigeon I as a late Christmas gift from my wife and kids. Have only killed skeet with it so far but it's a joy to shoot.

For larger birds I use a Beretta 391 and I gave our oldest a lefty A400 pictured below with a turkey from earlier in the spring.

Michael
May 02, 2017, 11:31 AM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Received this 20 ga. 686 Silver Pigeon I as a late Christmas gift from my wife and kids. Have only killed skeet with it so far but it's a joy to shoot.

A Beretta 20 O/U like that one is about the only gun on my want list that I actually have a use for. The others are pure "just because" guns. I'd shoot a bunch of doves with a 20 like that, though. Nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 02, 2017, 12:44 PM
mdblanton
quote:

A Beretta 20 O/U like that one is about the only gun on my want list that I actually have a use for. The others are pure "just because" guns. I'd shoot a bunch of doves with a 20 like that, though. Nice.
-----------------------------------------------
It had been on my list for a while. It's a great shooter and points very naturally in my opinion. I handled it and a Citori before making my overt hint to the family for suggested Christmas gifts Smile

Plus, 20 ga. shells run right around $50/case making it a pleasure to shoot on the shoulder and wallet.

Michael
May 02, 2017, 06:46 PM
Killer Instincts
Looking good!

May 03, 2017, 02:03 PM
leftnose
How about birds on guns?

May 03, 2017, 07:45 PM
mesabi
A.H. Fox 20 gauge:

Grulla 216RL 16 gauge:

Beretta S3 12 gauge:

Caywood English Fowler 12 gauge:
May 03, 2017, 08:09 PM
YellowJacket
^^^^ you should post more. Smile

That fox is lovely.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
May 03, 2017, 10:54 PM
mdblanton
Gorgeous pics!

Michael
May 04, 2017, 01:25 PM
YellowJacket
I'm a big fan of Auto 5's so here's a few old Belgian guns.
1967 Sweet Sixteen. Barrel looks really long but its 28"

1965 Light Twenty on top. 1967 Sweet Sixteen in the middle. And a 1967 Light Twelve on the bottom. The 20 is really the cherry. It is about as mint an A5 as I've ever seen. I need to take some better pictures of it.

And here's my quail gun, a Spanish (Zabala) 20 ga SxS. Laser engraving, but it has a great piece of walnut. I got it from my parents for college graduation. At some point I plan to have it stripped and satin finished, maybe even converted to a straight english grip.

And another Spanish beauty... An AyA 12 ga that is actually my father's gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
May 04, 2017, 02:52 PM
Chance228
Browning A5 Light 12....my 13th Birthday present from my dad. I am 39 now...still hits em' hard.

May 07, 2017, 11:00 PM
Killer Instincts
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
A.H. Fox 20 gauge:

You bastard.

May 07, 2017, 11:02 PM
Killer Instincts
This is exactly what I was hoping for, thank you guys.

May 08, 2017, 10:24 AM
pulicords
My "go to" bird gun is a 28" Beretta Silver Pigeon V in 28 gauge. I've shot Mourning doves, whitewings, and Eurasian collared doves, pheasant, and quail with it locally, about a couple thousand doves and 500 pigeons with it in Argentina, and spent a day shooting guinea fowl, Francolin, and (shown here) rednecked spurfowl with it in Tanzania after taking the big game I was hunting for on a safari a few years ago. Oh, yea! It also did a decent job taking out a black mamba that was found to be too close to an anti-poaching camp!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
May 08, 2017, 11:10 AM
Bigboreshooter
CZ Ringneck 12ga.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

May 08, 2017, 03:31 PM
GCE61
Beautiful guns guys, I'm really lusting after that AyA and the A.H Fox.
May 10, 2017, 10:37 PM
coloradohunter44
One of my Beretta 28 gauges. My favorite shotgun to hunt almost everything.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!