SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Let's see some 10/22 fun
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see some 10/22 fun Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
10/22's are like potato chips

Last one ... Really!
Or does the Challenger count too?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Is the 10/22 particular about ammunition, or put another way, does it prefer certain brands/velocities? Obviously, I am considering joining the 10/22 club, probably with a take-down model.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Last one ... Really!
Or does the Challenger count too?

How do you like that Butler Creek folding stock? I just ordered one yesterday, and looking forward to getting the gun in it when it comes in.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BBS-

I really like that full-length stock! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
How do you like that Butler Creek folding stock? I just ordered one yesterday, and looking forward to getting the gun in it when it comes in.

I like it a lot, I really wish I'd SBR'd it before they changed the trust regulations (41f?) so I could put the pistol barrel on the Buttler Creek stock ... but, I didn't Frown
Has B/C came out with one for the TD model yet? I cut mine myself and got a longer TD lever on Amazon because with everything lined up the pin was barely long enough.

quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Here is my Altamont V with a Weaver scope.

ugeesta - can a person buy the Altamont V stock's or is it a Ruger special run? I'd love to have one to go with my stainless hunter! A TD like that would be sweet!

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just joined the 10/22 world with this heavy barrel/take down model, shown with my Sparrow. A Magpul stock will be here tomorrow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dry-fly,

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Is the 10/22 particular about ammunition, or put another way, does it prefer certain brands/velocities?

Not really finicky, but I think every 22 has stuff it doesn't like.

My two 10/22s work fine on Aguilla Standards and even subs (when suppressed). I ran some federal bulk, along with some Remmy and Winny bulk - it all worked fine enough - maybe a malfunction here in the lot but nothing systemic.

Personally the 10/22 Takedown with the Hogue / Tacsol threaded barrel is the best. I even sold my OEM front end / barrel / stock for $125 to offset part of the cost. It's accurate and light as heck!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:

ugeesta - can a person buy the Altamont V stock's or is it a Ruger special run? I'd love to have one to go with my stainless hunter! A TD like that would be sweet!

I don't think you can get the stock on its own but GB has a handful of the 10/22 Classic V's on auction. They look to be going for $50 more then they did 5 years ago.

Agree. I'd love to see one in a TD model too.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sure, Chargers count!!

Crappy pic of the 10/22 Anniversary Edition

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Rusted hulk I paid $200 for back in 2009. Cleaned up nice. Still totally stock. Rarely shoot .22's anymore.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I've posted this before - love our 10/22s. 10/22T with twisted hammer forged barrel. This was only a few years ago, but love time spent like this.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post

My Christmas 1984 10/22 that cost $99

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post

Another 10/22 in an Archangel stock.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:

Another 10/22 in an Archangel stock.

Whats the construction like ... does it feel solid?

Amazing how much that looks like a G36 ... if it feels as good as it looks, that's about enough to tip the scales to adding another to the stable Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
I've posted this before - love our 10/22s. 10/22T with twisted hammer forged barrel. This was only a few years ago, but love time spent like this.

That's awesome...it doesn't look like S. Florida though.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Archangel stock is very solid and rugged. The folding stock locks in place perfectly and will not budge. The only downside,in my opinion, is it is heavy. Hard to believe Promag has their name on it. Mine was easy to put together and locked onto the gun nice and tight.The magazine it comes with is hit or miss. I wound up selling mine as it was a little heavy for the kids to develop good skills/shooting habits but for us adults, it makes a fun gun even more fun. Definitely a must buy if you can't afford the real thing but want something close. I should have kept it and bought another 10/22 later on.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:

Whats the construction like ... does it feel solid?

Amazing how much that looks like a G36 ... if it feels as good as it looks, that's about enough to tip the scales to adding another to the stable

As patw said, the archangel stock is very solid. Once installed on the 10/22, nothing moves or rattles. It is a little heavy.

This is how it goes together:

It is a lot of fun to shoot and the stock is ergonomic.

The biggest issue with it is the magazine. The magazine without the sleeve on it runs flawlessly and, obviously, all Ruger mags run fine.
Once the sleeve is installed, the mag doesn't fit quite right. I had to do some judicious trimming till it did and now the mags run fine..
The charging handle is fake and the safety is fake too

Accuracy was not affected.
These are groups with Federal bulk pack ammo at 25 yards:

I also have a Walther made HK G36 replica (images below) which is truer to the real thing.
The Charging handle and safety work like the real thing.
It is just as accurate, lighter, strips down like the real G36 and mags are 100% but it feels flimsy compared to my Archangel stocked 10/22 (and the Walther's trigger sucks).
The Walther gun is hard to find but the Archangel stock is available everywhere.

The Walther made HKG36 in .22LR

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
I also have a Walther made HK G36 replica which is truer to the real thing.
The Charging handle and safety work like the real thing.
It is just as accurate, lighter, strips down like the real G36 and mags are 100% but it feels flimsy compared to my Archangel stocked 10/22 (and the Walther's trigger sucks).
The Walther gun is hard to find but the Archangel stock is available everywhere.

Well crap ... a flimsy (licensed?) clone with a crappy trigger but reliable mags or a 10-22 knock-off which feels more solid and has a better trigger ...

What does the Walther go for?

Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
The last time I looked, the Walther G36 was going for between $499 and $550. Going the 10/22 route is cheaper.
Of course the Walther is cooler as the charging handle and safety works as it should but the barrel attachment sucks. It comes loose periodically. It can be tightened but it is a metal screw into plastic so I don't know how long it will last. It is also extremely easy to field strip (just like the real one), with three HK pins holding it together.
The Ruger/Archangel is solid and the trigger is much better but it is a real pain to take apart.