SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Some of Our 2017 Christmas Decorations ( Lets see yours)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some of Our 2017 Christmas Decorations ( Lets see yours) Login/Join 
Picture of IndianaMike
posted
These are Ceramic trees on the book shelf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IndianaMike,

Posts: 1593 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
These are Ceramic trees on the book shelf

Those are nice! I've got a medium sized green one that my grandmother had that I remember from the time I was a kid(50 years ago) and a large white one my parents had; but it's only 25-30 years old ... This is the first time in 20 or so years that we didn't put them up.
-------
My daughter Abby wanted a live tree this year, which meant new lights, and tree-topper ... The star we've been using for years just wasn't good enough. She wanted an angle. The first one I bought was "like an ugly Barbie"(her words) ... After returning it I started taking pictures & texting them to her.

I finally found this one at Target, took a pic and she finally said YES!

They were sold out. No more in back and they were discontinued.

So I asked if I could buy the display ... They said sure ... So then 2 guys started taking the display apart without destroying it as there were 3 other toppers in it ... It was a shadow box that was glued together, and it took them 35-40 minutes to get it out. I think it was $35 and asked them for a price sticker to scan and they told me to just take it up front and the manager would price it.

I told the cashier it was the display unit, she called the manger, she told the cashier to sell it "no bar code" and sell it for $5

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
This is the only thing we put up.

Posts: 7414 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Year #15 for this simple Xmas decoration.

The second year I was installing the ornaments a nice little old lady was walking by with her tea cup poodle on a leash. She stopped and said to me: “I love to walk by your house and see your balls out.”

So I couldn’t very well stop doing this year after year!

Posts: 3986 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post

Yep ... when you've got someone that appreciates you balls, ya just gotta keep it up!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5699 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
We decided a few years back that why top the tree with only one star, when you could do three???

*edit...nevermind..I'll be back when I figure out how to post pics again...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: inspcalahan,

Posts: 817 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My wife pointed out that I forgot the additional balls hung on the front door...

Posts: 3986 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scottbadger
posted Hide Post
I made the paracord wreaths and my wife painted the pictures. Simple decorations to give away to friends and family.

Posts: 634 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: March 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Keeping it simple in Utah. Merry Christmas!!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to getting some photos (never got the full setup installed this year):

My front door

DSC_5177.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

My garage door:

DSC_5181.jpg

General view from street:

DSC_5182.jpg

Combined view with curbside tree:

DSC_5184.jpg

I would normally have had more lights around the entryway, a line of lights across the upper roofline, and a lit tree atop the garage, but my Handyman wasn't able to give me enough time this year to get all that done. Nevertheless, I had a nice exhibit on the street.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
thanks for posting

Posts: 1593 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post