SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    4 Nov. ’17 - Cars & Coffee Scottsdale - NEW PIX added 11/5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4 Nov. ’17 - Cars & Coffee Scottsdale - NEW PIX added 11/5 Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted
A really small sample of the turnout this AM. Since Scottsdale is the home of Barrett Jackson the FREE monthly Cars & Coffee shows are spectacular. Over 650 cars on display with several thousand spectators enjoying the perfect weather...
Ford GT 2.0

Old Jag Coupe

Gold Aventador

Amphicar (bad car, bad boat… wacky cool though!)

V12 Cobra

Rods

Old American Stuff

…MORE pix from 11/4/17
a spyder I would like to have

older cool Porsche

McLarens

Lambos

red Daytonas

hot hatch

2-tone?!

E-Jags

C-Type racer

Fiat Abarth – tiny…

pristine classic (IMO)

my idea of an adult gokart

classic cool

newtoSig765 I wanted to ask about that one too but the owner was not hanging around his Jag when I was there. If I see it again at Dec.'s show I'll try and track him down.

"LUCAS: the god of darkness"

The reason the Brits drink warm beer: LUCAS refrigerators

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The Jag coupe is gorgeous! Jag could make some beautiful lines.

Thanks, RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My grail car was in the background in one of the pics of the Jag coupe. A green XKE convertible. I drool every time I see one. After hearing all of the maintaince and cost nightmares of owning one I should be glad I never latched onto one. Buy still...........

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Great cars. Fun event. I've been a bunch of times.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
My grail car...green XKE convertible...After hearing all of the maintaince and cost nightmares of owning one I should be glad I never latched onto one...

In the late 1970's a friend rebuilt an early E-Type, using GM electrical stuff, bearings from the Clevite catalogue, etc. He said it was the only E-Type that could make it from Chicago to Elkhart Lake and back without breaking down, and I believe him.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
My grail car...green XKE convertible...After hearing all of the maintaince and cost nightmares of owning one I should be glad I never latched onto one...

In the late 1970's a friend rebuilt an early E-Type, using GM electrical stuff, bearings from the Clevite catalogue, etc. He said it was the only E-Type that could make it from Chicago to Elkhart Lake and back without breaking down, and I believe him.

He did it right. The Lucas electrics on British cars were nightmarish for sure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He did it right. The Lucas electrics on British cars were nightmarish for sure.

Jim

Tell me about it. I had two MGB's and a BSA.

It was an absolute shock to me, when I saw Lucas crap under the hood of a Ferrari Daytona! Wasn't Magnetti Marelli bad enough for Enzo?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Z06 --

Any idea who customized the early XK to resemble a Bugatti? I don't normally go for customization, but that work was exceptionally well-done.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pics of some beautiful automobiles.

Thank you for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Lucas electrics on British cars were nightmarish for sure.

Lucas, the original anti-theft device. Smile (My first auto was a '53 MG-TD).

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Looks like some great cars. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I would have known about this would have been a great day to
Drive down- is it always the first weekend of the month?

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"newtoSig765 I wanted to ask about that one too but the owner was not hanging around his Jag when I was there. If I see it again at Dec.'s show I'll try and track him down."

No big deal if you can't, but if you find him, say how much I liked it!

My taste in cars is really particular -- early MGB's, the original Fiat 124 Spyder and Sport Coupe, Loewy Coupes including the GT Hawks, Jaguar XK-120-140-150, E-Types until they left off the headlight covers...

That one you pictured is one of the nicest I've seen. Now I suspect it was done by a coachbuilder, rather than my earlier guess at a customization.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Wish I would have known about this would have been a great day to
Drive down- is it always the first weekend of the month?

This FREE show (Scuderia Southwest) is always the first Saturday of the month. The Dec. show should be even better as it is getting closer to Barrett-Jackson and all the other car auctions. This season is car heaven in the greater PHX area.

https://www.scuderiasouthwest.com/

The show location is the Loop 101* and Scottsdale Road. Bring camera/smart phone and a towel for the drool.

*This is the northern section of the 101 where it runs east and west.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Some amazing stuff there. The fixed headlight 911 is an odd duck, almost like a slantnose conversion or something.

What V12 was in the Cobra?

The Boxster Spyder is drool-worthy, except for the PDK.

I missed our C&C this past weekend, heard they had a GT there as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Kirkham V12 860ci AC Cobra 1,200hp and 1,100 pounds of torque one off engine from Torque Engineering in Indiana, car and engine 2,600lbs!!!!

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Outstanding photos Z, I think my favorite is the first one, I just really like it! Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Kirkham V12 860ci AC Cobra 1,200hp and 1,100 pounds of torque one off engine from Torque Engineering in Indiana, car and engine 2,600lbs!!!!

Eek Not the numbers I was expecting. That has to be a handful.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Great photos, thanks for sharing! I was there with a couple friends who were in town for the weekend visiting from Seattle. Couldn’t ask for better weather. I’m looking forward to next month and the 200 mph car showcase.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were I a rich man.... Great photos, looks like a fun time. Thanks for posting these.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post