SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Brugger & Thomet GHM9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brugger & Thomet GHM9 Login/Join 
Picture of pcshooter
posted
I was at my local gun store, Ready Gunner, the other day and saw they had a couple of these on hand. After some gratuitous fondling and a good night's sleep, I decided I had to have it.

This thing is like a Swiss watch (not surprising since it IS from Switzerland) or a German automobile--absolutely rock solid. No rattles, loose parts, nada...just a solid hunk of gun.

I've ordered a Tri-lug adapter for my Ti-Rant9 and an RMR with a Scalarworks mount which should be here in a few days. I'll report back after a few shooting sessions.

One BIG gripe though: It came with ONE MAGAZINE. For $2200, I expect more than ONE magazine. <sigh>

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Well that look like a lot of fun AND well built. Did you shoot it yet? Any experience with MP5/MPX? I'm curious how it compares.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
OP - Hopefully the Scalarworks mount works for you on the GHM9....I ordered the LEAP MRO for my B&T KH9, and it would NOT mount on the the rail. Frown

I called Scalarworks and they indicated that the B&T Picatinny Rail deviates from the mil std regarding the clearances adjacent to the rail. In my case the receiver of the KH9 was too wide and/or the elevation of Pic Rail above the top of the receiver was insufficient to mount the LEAP. There was interference and it just would not fit/clear the rail when I tried to mount it. Needless to say, I was VERY Disappointed!

Ultimately I went with the Trijicon QR Mount (Full Co-witness height) for the MRO on my KH9 and I'm happy with it....And the LEAP MRO ended up on my 300BLK SBR! Cool

All that said, here's a pic of my Swiss Hotness! Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. Keep us updated please.

I was very close to picking one up last week, but a shipment of Zenith MP5 clones happened to hit the US and between a Z5RS and Z5P, my fun money is seriously depleted at the moment!

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
OP - Hopefully the Scalarworks mount works for you on the GHM9....I ordered the LEAP MRO for my B&T KH9, and it would NOT mount on the the rail. Frown

I called Scalarworks and they indicated that the B&T Picatinny Rail deviates from the mil std regarding the clearances adjacent to the rail. In my case the receiver of the KH9 was too wide and/or the elevation of Pic Rail above the top of the receiver was insufficient to mount the LEAP. There was interference and it just would not fit/clear the rail when I tried to mount it.

Well damn. Right after reading this I grabbed one of my other LEAP mounts and sure enough: exactly as you described. Frown

I'm disappointed to say the least.

I just went ahead and ordered the Larue mount and will probably hang onto the RMR LEAP mount for a future project.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Tri-lug adapter for my Ti-Rant9 and a few other goodies:

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Already SBR’ed it via form 1 ? B&T has the hottest game in town IMHO. I have the GHM9 and APC9 and wish I had enough to buy more because they honestly make a firearm that gives a great value when you pay the premium. Something that Sig once did well. Good choice, now put back money for the other models you’ll find appealing.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Recently picked up something closely related....

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:

[PIC]

You'll want to rethink that configuration, pcshooter.

Vertical grips are a no-no on pistols. Putting a VFG on a pistol makes it an unregistered NFA AOW, unless the OAL is over 26". (That's 26" with any removable muzzle devices removed, so your suppressor doesn't help with OAL.)

Handstops or angled foregrips (like nhracecraft's) are okay on sub-26" pistols.

You can double-check your actual OAL... But a quick Google says that the 6.8" barrel GHM9 with telescoping Tailhook comes in at 18.1″ with the brace fully retracted and 24.1″ when fully extended: https://modernwarriors.com/pro...tailhook-brace-copy/

If it really is sub-26", you'll need to register it as an AOW if you want to legally install a VFG. But if you're going to stamp it, you might as well SBR it, so you can put both a stock and a VFG on it once you have the tax stamp.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kampfhamster:
Recently picked up something closely related....

Very nice. I’ve been trying to resist the urge to add a TP9 to my inventory. Now that they plan to make a 10mm APC I’ll have to resist the TP9 I’m favor of a 10mm APC.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:

[PIC]

You'll want to rethink that configuration, pcshooter.

Vertical grips are a no-no on pistols. Putting a VFG on a pistol makes it an unregistered NFA AOW, unless the OAL is over 26". (That's 26" with any removable muzzle devices removed, so your suppressor doesn't help with OAL.)

Handstops or angled foregrips (like nhracecraft's) are okay on sub-26" pistols.

You can double-check your actual OAL... But a quick Google says that the 6.8" barrel GHM9 with telescoping Tailhook comes in at 18.1″ with the brace fully retracted and 24.1″ when fully extended: https://modernwarriors.com/pro...tailhook-brace-copy/

If it really is sub-26", you'll need to register it as an AOW if you want to legally install a VFG. But if you're going to stamp it, you might as well SBR it, so you can put both a stock and a VFG on it once you have the tax stamp.

I learned something new, thanks!

..and how unbelievably absurd! <sigh> I submitted a Form 1 a couple weeks ago (to put a stock on) but wasn't aware of the VFG rule. I've removed it until the Form 1 is approved.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Such a handy little package. I do need to order a 3-lug mount for my Liberty so I can go quick on/off.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post