SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    ** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'll try to get something done in the coming weeks worth posting pictures of in that case.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
I'll try to get something done in the coming weeks worth posting pictures of in that case.
Hey, it sounds like you have more than even your usual on your plate. So be kind to yourself, you probably need it.

It's just interesting is all.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where does the time go, nothing to report just keeping it from the auto lock.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well for a small update here are a few pictures of all my leather making stuff set up in what was the pottery studio and out of the living room.

Pretty much all construction has been put on hold due to a pending divorce. There are a few little things I'm working on but optimistically it will be a year or more before I recover enough financially to get this thing finished.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update and sorry about the pending divorce.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Thanks for the update and sorry about the pending divorce.

Thank you, its a crappy deal for everyone but at least it has been a civil one.

posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear about your divorce. I am glad to hear that it is civil.

This has been a great thread. Your leatherworking shop looks great.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear buddy. I check in from time to time to see your work. Be sure to stay in touch with friends and family through the divorce and keep looking forward!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your divorce. I've enjoyed this thread over the years. You seem like an extremely resourceful guy. I know you will bounce back, and I will continue to check out this thread every now and again for the updates.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, sorry about the divorce.

Good luck with the rest of the projects and keep posting here. I've enjoyed looking through all of the progress.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow, I feel like Doctor Who, living through six years of your life!

What a project! The wallet you made me is working out perfectly. I noticed you changed the name of your business?

To someone who is not seeing the date of each post? The date option is in your preferences.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Wow, I feel like Doctor Who, living through six years of your life!

What a project! The wallet you made me is working out perfectly. I noticed you changed the name of your business?

To someone who is not seeing the date of each post? The date option is in your preferences.

Reading through it makes me remember how many things I've forgotten about the last 6 years.

And yes I changed the name as I was never to keen on it being my name so it works out better . Little brother and I have been making quite a few items for a local handmade market event so i'll be "launching" in a couple of weeks.

posted Hide Post
Going to keep this alive, optimistically I'll be able to be able to do an actual update before this needs to be bumped again to avoid autolock.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to pictures of the update. Smile

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post
Hope you are doing well sureshot. Bumping.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geaux Tigers
Picture of Alcapone396
posted Hide Post
Bump for an awesome thread, hope you're doing okay man!!!

Al______________Capone396

P220 Combat, P220 Sport, P220EL, X-5 Comp 9mm , P226 BlackWater, P226 ST.357 Sig, P226ST 9mm, P229ST .40, P228, P232 SL, Glock 19, CZ75BSS, CZ-83, S&W 29, S&W 640, S&W 642, Ruger MKII, Ruger Charger,, HKP7,,Browning Hi Power, Colt Anaconda, S&W 460 Mag, RRA 9mm CAR, Robinson Arms XCR, FN-SLP ,Arsenal SAS-M7,, Built AR-15 with lots of goodies,,Etc, Etc, Etc.....

Posts: 1263 | Location: Down South in Bayou Country | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My favorite wallet ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping this alive guys.

I got laid off back in August and around October decided to give it a go selling my leather work at art/craft festivals. It was a crazy few months doing 5 shows in 10 weeks and I'm just now about caught up on custom orders.

There are a couple of pretty nice jobs that I'm interviewing for so I'm kind of in a holding pattern to see what happens but I'm really leaning towards going into business for myself part of which will include finishing the house for both the extra space for tools/equipment but also as a mini showroom of sorts.

I've also go to go back through and try to get all of the pictures switched over to a different hosting site so that it all shows up.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You make really nice stuff. Son in law loves the business card holder you made last year. I hope it all works out for you.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llama 1
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 493 | Location: Southwestern tip of Ecuador | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post